News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Cannot Delete Board

Started by aswuser, June 15, 2020, 12:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aswuser

SMF v2.0.17 php 7.1

I don't have any mods installed.

I already checked this previous post.
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=550158.msg3900668#msg3900668

My situation is the same - try to delete board, get white page. Board is still there with no posts. I cannot find any error logs, nothing in php_errorlog, or SMF errorlog. Ran repair_settings.php although setting are already correct.

This a development site to prepare for upgrade of old SMF from 1.1.14. I made a copy and upgraded first to 1.19, then to 2.0.10, then finally to 2.0.17.

Thanks!

Deaks

Have you tried logging out and in?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Shambles

Quote from: aswuser
I already checked this previous post.
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=550158.msg3900668#msg3900668

My situation is the same - try to delete board, get white page.

Did you also try to run the repair function reported in that thread?

Quote from: MaryLouW on November 26, 2016, 02:40:42 PM
I just ran the Repair Errors function and it said No Errors.   :(   But, I decided to try and delete that board again and to my surprise, it deleted!!

Kindred

Also -- if you are getting a white screen -- and your server is not logging the issue, then you need to talk to your host.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

HTML in board name/description?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Arantor

aswuser

Yes, I ran  the repair function. I've been trying over several days, logging in and out.

Could it be related to caching or time out? I deleted the cache under forum maintenance.

Without error logging, not sure what to do next.

Arantor

Turn on error log / ask your host to turn on server error logging.

Advertisement: