Having a few problems.. any ideas?...

Started by TruckQueenRed, November 20, 2005, 11:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckQueenRed

My first problem is that I, and a few members of my forum are having trouble posting. I cant add or change any boards.. I keep getting this message...

"The resource cannot be displayed
The resource you are looking for cannot be opened by your browser."

I have tried any and all browsers and nothig is working. 

Also, i went into my CP panel and was looking up server space usage...  well 2 of them are in the red.  a friend of mine said it was the servers space and it wasnt my problem only theres ... but here is what the percentages are... 

Server Load 0.15 (1 cpu) 
Memory Used 32 % 
Swap Used 9.20 % 
Disk hda3 (/) 91 %  >>>>>> this is one in the red
Disk hdc1 (/backup) 81 % >>>>> this is another one in the red 
Disk hda1 (/boot) 30 % 
Disk tmpMnt (/tmp) 2 % 

What are these for and how to i get them to come down?..  does anyone know how i can fix these couple of problems??   Thank you!! 

Jes     www.wildmopartruckcountry.com [nofollow]

redone

Could you post a link to your phpinfo? Don't know what that is?
What is phpinfo?

~redone

H

Disk hda3 (/) 91 %  >>>>>> this is one in the red
Disk hdc1 (/backup) 81 % >>>>> this is another one in the red 

These are the only problem areas

the /backup is going to be high because it contains backups of the rest of the drive. maybe delete the oldest backups

Your hard disk is rather full but really it is nothin to worry about. I would just clear out stuff you dont need on the disk.
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

TruckQueenRed

oopsi!!  

Well clearing stuff out would be just clearing out stuff on the site right?

morph

Coming soon!

TruckQueenRed

Oh shoot.... oopsi!!!    That could be bad!

redone

Appears to be some kind of server issue. Looking at the information supplied your site should function just fine.

There is nothing really you can do about the disk space usuage. How much disk space is used is really down to the hosting company you are using.

I can say that I have run 1.05 together with MKportal as you are doing and it ran just fine. I would update to 1.1rc though and update to the latest Mkportal too. I would be interested to hear what your web host as to say though. 

~redone

TruckQueenRed

Hmm well i wrote them a message earlier today. I am pretty sure they wont get back to me until at least tomorrow.   I have a friend on my site he knows alot about that kinda stuff and he thought it was an server issue too, but we wanted to get a few more opinions..    Thank you so much for your help, i will reply back to this post to let you know what they said when i get a responce.  Thank you so much.!!!    :D

also.. does anyone know how to put music on the home page?... so that it plays and then when they leave the home page it shuts off?...

morph

Eh I find it obnoxious but here's the code anyway.. (only put this on the home page)

<embed src="song.wav" autostart="true" loop="false">

Quick search of google turns this up: http://www.2createawebsite.com/enhance/adding-music.html

Coming soon!

TruckQueenRed

WEll i was wrong, the server company replied with a  " no it is not our problem, there is nothing we can do to help... and thats it...  so i think i may need to find a new server.

Advertisement: