News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[Preview]Hexan Theme [SMF 2.1 RC2]

Started by aryansindy, June 19, 2020, 03:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aryansindy

[Preview]Hexan Theme [SMF 2.1 RC2]

Live Demo: Hexan Theme

Your Comment?!!

Thanks.

aryansindy

Hi here is the dark Vision, I hope you like it..

Hexan Dark

shadav

it is interesting

is there supposed to be 2 menus on top of each other?

you have the hexmenus
and in the light version the bar menu above them
and in the dark version the bar menu is below them

maybe put the bar menu in the footer?

aryansindy

yes whate is better the menu bar above or below?

Thanks

shadav

to me it just seems odd to have two menus right on top of each other that pretty much do the exact same thing....

I'd either eliminate the bar menu keeping to the hexmenu
or move the bar menu down into the footer of the site

currently the bar menu only has search and tiny portal which the hexmenu doesn't have
which you could put a search menu into the upper right of the header on the dark theme to fill in some space there and get rid of the button on the menu....

just a suggestion anyways :)

it is an interesting theme, I like the idea, not for me really but I could see it for specific niche forums

aryansindy

Ok ,its good idea to  move the bar menu down into the footer ,

I have make it and is nice Thanks.

Deaks

its interesting, do you ever plan to make themes and release them onto the Theme Site?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

aryansindy

Quote from: Deaks on June 24, 2020, 10:39:18 AM
its interesting, do you ever plan to make themes and release them onto the Theme Site?

No, I don't make any themes that are only for my site, they are all copies of the default, I only edit the colors and parts from css, board index & index template.

shadav

nice, i think it helps pull the theme together a bit more

Deaks

Quote from: aryansindy on June 24, 2020, 02:01:40 PM
they are all copies of the default, I only edit the colors and parts from css, board index & index template.

this describes loads of themes on the theme site, you should consider releasing some :)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

shadav

I second that...

the default theme is there as a template to work with....so just because all you did was edit it, you still made it look somewhat completely different

:laugh: I've seen some themes that really are nothing more than just recolors  :laugh:

Antechinus

Quote from: Deaks on June 24, 2020, 04:16:07 PM
Quote from: aryansindy on June 24, 2020, 02:01:40 PM
they are all copies of the default, I only edit the colors and parts from css, board index & index template.

this describes loads of themes on the theme site, you should consider releasing some :)

I used to get bored with that. I'd look at all the new ones and think "Yep, can see how that is done at a glance. Only the basics. Nothing to see here." This was me wanting to find new and exciting things, even if the basics were quite nicely done. ;)

But the more basic they are, the more friendly they tend to be for non-coders (or for people who can more or less code but want 5 million mods to install without problems).

shadav

Quote from: Antechinus on June 24, 2020, 05:53:51 PM(or for people who can more or less code but want 5 million mods to install without problems).

:laugh: *raises hand*  :P

aryansindy

Thanks for your all  comments thay are usefull welcomed suggestions,

Here is another Themes  Awesome:

Demo:  Awesome Theme

regards.

Advertisement: