News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

How To Use A Localized Image Folder

Started by shadav, June 23, 2020, 04:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

just as a pedantic note...   what you actually meant was "how do I set a centralized image folder" -- because "localized" would mean (in web terms) a separate image folder for each language :D
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Deaks

for you maybe for me I thought they wanted it hosted on their computer till i read the post
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

shadav

:laugh: thanks, yeah I wasn't sure how to word that....

ran into another snag, but that's that theme....can't figure out where the menu file is at
the main menu icons are showing but the sub menus aren't and I'm not sure why, it keeps trying to pull the image from the theme folder instead of the default theme folder....fairly sure i've changed everything over....

it's a recolor of the nightbreeze theme, gonna go ask in their support, maybe they can help....

Deaks

if its default menu it be subs.php but without looking at theme check very bottom of the index.template.php
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

SychO

NightBreeze does not use image icons for the menu, it uses FontAweome icons which are not images. So I do not know what you mean by menu file.
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

shadav

hm, ok :) well then that at least points me into the right direction to work on that :)

also found a few others needed changing

$settings['theme_url'], '/images/
to
$settings['default_images_url'].'/

Antechinus

This will keep you amused for weeks. :D

Deaks

shadav I found aboout 470 images_url when I searched the other day :D
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

shadav

Quote from: Deaks on June 24, 2020, 04:36:48 PM
if its default menu it be subs.php but without looking at theme check very bottom of the index.template.php

Quote from: SychO on June 24, 2020, 04:39:29 PM
NightBreeze does not use image icons for the menu, it uses FontAweome icons which are not images. So I do not know what you mean by menu file.

ok got it...it was a mod that I had installed that added icons to the menu and it was the subs.php

thank you again to all of you for your help :)
really I think this time it's all working (I need to stop jinxing myself)

Quote from: Antechinus on June 24, 2020, 05:21:47 PM
This will keep you amused for weeks. :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
eh but it's worth it
well until I try to upgrade or update your theme..... lmfao *throws my hands in the air* I QUIT  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Quote from: Deaks on June 24, 2020, 05:23:46 PM
shadav I found aboout 470 images_url when I searched the other day :D

bwahahahahahaha I believe that too.... I've not been keeping track but yeah there's a lot (multiplied by however many themes one uses)

Antechinus

I suppose I could update my old Curve variants with basic responsive behaviour, similar to how I did the dark theme for this site. Wouldn't be as flash as the Mutant, but would be more mod-friendly (as long as said mods weren't trying to search for bits of default CSS, because that would really screw them up :) ).

shadav

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ant  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I like all of the
/*
Redundant file.
*/

in the mutant css :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Antechinus

Oh yeah. Those things haven't been required for years, but I left them in as blank files just in case Sources wanted to throw a tanty if it missed one of them. Beats chasing down weird bugz.

Advertisement: