Inaccessible SMF Forum Due to Persistent Error on Wireless Protocol

Started by humbleworld, April 19, 2020, 09:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbleworld

Hello,

We got a problem. Our forum is updated with the latest SMF Version 2.0.17. We are also using the latest Tapatalk mode version and an SMF Mobile Theme. But every now and then, the forum can't be accessed due to this error: Unable to load the 'WIRELESS_PROTOCOL_above' template

If I repair the database via phpmyadmin, the forum becomes accessible again. But then, the same problem about wireless protocol template emerges again after few hours. What is the final solution to this? What could be the cause? Here's the url of this bohol forum site

vbgamer45

Do you have the wireless.template.php file in your themes/default folder?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

humbleworld

hello again, vbgamer. here's the wireless.template.php from themes/default. please see the attached file. thank you.

vbgamer45

What about your index.php file in the main root of your forum.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

humbleworld

hi vbgamer. here's the index.php. kindly see the attached file.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Sir Osis of Liver

That's not the root index.php.  Look in the main forum directory, should be around 15kb.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

humbleworld

vbgamer, here's the index.ph (attached) from the root folder of the smf installation.
thank you.

vbgamer45

That looks ok... might be a theme/mod issue it should say that error WIRELESS_PROTOCOL would be replaced with wap or imode

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Sir Osis of Liver

This has been reported several times.  Repairing all database tables fixes it.

- R. Waters

humbleworld

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on April 19, 2020, 11:19:34 PM
This has been reported several times.  Repairing all database tables fixes it.

I have repaired the database several times but the problem keeps coming back. Is there a solution?

humbleworld

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 19, 2020, 11:18:18 PM
That looks ok... might be a theme/mod issue it should say that error WIRELESS_PROTOCOL would be replaced with wap or imode

vbgamer, what is your suggestion on what we should do for now?

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 19, 2020, 11:18:18 PM
  -> mod issue <-

If repairing tables fixes it, then it recurs, a mod is probably breaking something in the database.  You can upload a clean set of files and reinstall mods one at a time until it breaks again, but without seeing all your installed mods, I'd guess it's Tapatalk causing the problem.

Interesting, can't clear the new posts icon from this post. ???

- R. Waters

humbleworld

That's also my suspension. Tapatalk could be the root cause of the problem. The wireless protocol issue continues to pester our forum site.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

humbleworld

The root cause of the problem was the poor server configuration of the hosting provider. I moved to a cloud hosting provider and replaced cPanel with Plesk. I optimized both the VPS and Plesk and the problem never showed up again.

Advertisement: