News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Style for this site - Blue [Stylus/Stylish]

Started by Bloc, June 27, 2020, 06:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloc

So I got inspration from Antechinus attempts at a dark style for this site, using something called Stylus or Stylish(see that topic for details on how to use it) and this was born. Its a blue(ish) varation on the sitetheme ..with a few changes. Tell me how you like it.

Currently using it now so it will be a few changes coming on. You can either get updates in this topic or at Github at https://github.com/Bloc67/SMFstyles

Bloc

Oops, forgot the actual code lol. Attached below.

Antechinus

Arantor

JBlaze

I like. Curve has always seemed too 2008 for my liking. I'm much more acquainted to styles more like those of default XenForo and IPB.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Bloc

Thanks. :) Its a WIP so changes will probably happen and soon too, since I am using it for browsing this site.

Its a challenge on how much you can change without touching the templates, but it also reveals how important good markup is to be able to do just that...

Antechinus

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Bloc on June 27, 2020, 06:15:16 PM

Nice looking theme. May I ask why are not you uploading it to the Theme 's section as well?

Bloc

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on June 28, 2020, 06:43:19 AM
Quote from: Bloc on June 27, 2020, 06:15:16 PM

Nice looking theme. May I ask why are not you uploading it to the Theme 's section as well?
Well, its not an actual SMF theme..its a css-based modification of THIS site's theme, which is slightly different than the default Curve theme. If you look at Antech's description of what the browser addons Stylus/Stylish do, you will see what I mean.

spiros

Quote from: Arantor on June 27, 2020, 06:30:29 PM
Better than either of the Curves, I like.

Totally agree. Any of these css overrides are far better than the legacy themes. Maybe somebody should pick up the hint.

Antechinus

Ain't gonna happen. The team will stick with the current defaults (2.0.x and 2.1). Anyone who wants a custom theme can implement it themselves. That's the whole point of having custom themes. Everyone gets what they want, and they don't have to argue with anyone else who wants something different. I don't personally like this one*, even though I usually do like Bloc's themes, but I'm using what I like so I'm happy for anyone who prefers this one to use it.

*Well, not at the moment. Can't pass judgement on the finished product yet.

Mick.

Advertisement: