Menu is getting out of control....how to move things in submenus?

Started by shadav, June 29, 2020, 11:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadav

sorry just getting back to this...it didn't work on the other site, and too lazy to remove all the menu mods installed :p

but tried this on another site without any menu mods installed and got it working (a lot of trial and error on some parts)

thank you for the help :)

Quote from: Mick. on July 01, 2020, 06:06:27 PM
There are other buttons like the 'help' button and from other mods that add buttons to the menu that you can set it from show=> true to false. It alleviates the menu mumble jumble. You can still use these buttons on a side block if you wish. Help, Search, Calendar, Members

Subs.php near the bottom. 3/4 of the way
how can I set up a side block? I don't use portals, don't much care for the looks....but a block on the right side for some menu options might be nice...

now I just need to get my brain functioning to come up with "cute" menu titles to organize things into
right now I've managed to get
a staff link which has the admin and moderator links in it
a market place which has the classifieds and auctions links in it
a user menu which has the profile, pm and logout links in it

now to figure out what to do with
help, calendar, search and directory links

debating to get rid of the search link since there is a search bar in the header

er just ran into a problem
moving the logout into the user menu breaks it....if I try to log out I get
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

Antechinus

Quoteer just ran into a problem
moving the logout into the user menu breaks it....if I try to log out I get
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.
Javascript problem, perhaps? The logging stuff requires javascript to work properly, so if you moved the button but haven;t called the js in the right place you'd get an error.

shadav

well i have no idea then  :P :laugh:
wouldn't the javascript still apply?
All I'm doing is moving it in the menu to a submenu
(hm ok, that may be the issue....now to figure out how to fix that)

Advertisement: