Upload Directory is Full error

Started by Steelponycowboy, July 02, 2020, 02:51:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelponycowboy

Tried to upload a picture to the forum tonight and got this error:

"Table Mesa BOH.png There was a problem during the uploading of Table Mesa BOH.png.
The upload directory is full. Please contact an administrator about this problem. 0.5 MB"

Logged out,  tried again several times, same error.

I can't find anything in help or in admin to correct.   HELP !

SMF 2.1 RC2 is what we are using.

Steelponycowboy

I modified the original post to show the screen shot of the error and not the actual attachment I was trying to post.   Sorry for any confusion.

It's not the size of the image (1/2mb),  I uploaded several 3.5mb images earlier in the day.    We have plenty of room on our server.

Arantor

In the attachments settings page you can set a maximum size for all attachments on the server, useful back in the day when you'd only have a few hundred MB of hosting space max. You need to change that setting, it defaults to 100MB total for all attachments.

Steelponycowboy

I already had all of the settings at "0" which should have given me unlimited.

Not sure what changed from last night to this morning but I was able to upload the attachment fine just now.

Just another crazy glitch on SMF 2.1 RC2 I guess.

Arantor

Either that or your hosting ran out of temporary space while handling the upload.

But honestly, glitches are to be expected in pre-release software...

AlanDewey

I can not upload  .png  to my SMF forum.   Can not remember what the error message is, but if I convert the image to .jpg or .gif and it will upload fine.
Causing lots of electrons to push each other around since 1985.

Arantor

Quote from: AlanDewey on July 03, 2020, 01:57:10 PM
I can not upload  .png  to my SMF forum.   Can not remember what the error message is, but if I convert the image to .jpg or .gif and it will upload fine.

Please open your own topic and add the error message.

Advertisement: