News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

themes question re. login/frontpage

Started by splashdown, July 04, 2020, 04:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

splashdown

Greets all, many apologies as I'm sure this has been answered many times previously, sadly my "internet search" skills are weak.

So, on a new installation of 2.0.17, it seems like the internet-facing page for users coming from wherever, is the default SMF theme? So, like if I install (whatever) theme it has no effect on the frontpage? Is that true? I mean, if it is, fine, just wondering. Thanks...

Shambles

Have you selected the theme in your profile?  Do other "non frontpage" pages reflect the new theme?

splashdown

Well, so okay, kindly forgive my ignorance of the intricacies, but what I did was install a new theme, and then make it the default theme for all users, while leaving all users the option of selecting back to any other installed themes. But as I detailed at the top of this post, upon backing out to the frontpage, it looks like installed themes don't have any effect there? So like the default SMF theme is always the forward-facing theme? Sorry if I'm not getting something obvious...

splashdown

Okay never mind, I diddled around with it and the new theme is working just fine at the frontpage, not sure what I  did but sorry for the bother, and thanks!

Advertisement: