Cant get old smf database to work on any smf version

Started by xapim, July 04, 2020, 08:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xapim

I had a large community back in 2004/05 up to 2007 most probably still mysql 5.0/5.1 with a large smf database about 433mb i cant record if it was on smf 1.0 or already on 1.1 im trying to get the database back up to get some details i need from the community but nothing works also im missing many of the older themes and i cant find them anywhere just wondering if is there anyway to convert the database to newer mysql versions already tried to change the admin password on phpmyadmin but noting works i only get this any help would be appreciated :)

Update somehow i got a bit of a breakthrough on smf 1.0.5 going to try the database on 1.1.12 as its asking for it

vbgamer45

You can look for smfversion in the smf_settings table.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

xapim

@vbgamer45 yeah i think i screwed up everything now tried to upgrade from 1.05 to 1.1.12 the upgrade file gave an error backing up but i managed to login and it was working sort of fine apart from having ? in many of the parts (suspected something to do with the utf8 or something couldnt fix it ) the silly me tried to upgrade to the latest version the backup ran fine but next step gave this Error! 1146 and nothing works anymore and the database has now more rows (backup_) but seems some rows havent been backed up anyway im trying to import a backup of the database i have but it was from another server and wont import im getting this

Error
SQL query:

--
-- Base de Dados: `adm1674_clavinox`
--
CREATE DATABASE `adm1674_clavinox` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci
MySQL said: Documentation

#1044 - Access denied for user 'xapim'@'localhost' to database 'adm1674_clavinox'

Dunno what lines exactly do i need to change or delete for the database to import properly im lost now last time i had to ask the host to import it manually via shell

vbgamer45

you have to give xapim database user full permissions to the database adm1674_clavinox

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

xapim

Well the issue is that all my databases have to start with xapim_ that database its from another dedi server i had before years ago giga international  i even tried to edit the sq file with notepad++ and change the database name to the correct one but get the error cannot create database the database already exists so im thinking i juts removed this

-- Base de Dados: `adm1674_clavinox`
--
CREATE DATABASE `adm1674_clavinox` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci;
USE `adm1674_clavinox`;

from the sql file and gonna try to import again maybe this time will import the tables and hopefully wont try to create a new database this time

xapim

@vbgamer45

Update i couldnt import the database via phpmyadmin but i managed it via ssh mysql with some syntax errors at the end after importing all tables successfully it was still not working so i replicated the previous steps i did before on smf 1.05 went to phpmyadmin into members my username input a password manually and also deleted the passwordSalt after repaired the settings with the settings repair script then createadmin.php and tried to reset my password via question (via email not working fsckopen error) and i finally managed to login again on the broken smf 1.05 but now it says i need smf 1.1.2 and not 1.1.12 as previously  gonna try the 1.1.2 upgrade package  see if it works in a clone folder

After trying to run the upgrade to 1.1.2 i get this

If i try to go back an login this is what i get (half broken)

xapim

No matter to which version i upgrade from 1.05 either 1.1.2/1.1.12/2.0/2.0.16 i always end up stuck with this error no matter what on this table anyone knows how to fix it would appreciate it

vbgamer45

What MySQLversion?

Can you run that SQL statement manually on the database take out the /* *\

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

xapim

@vbgamer45 finally after so much head banging i manage to get it up and running again 13 years later lol i managed to find a old complete backup of the dedi server whm to recover some of the themes  and just managed to get it finally going still not in the official domain that i managed to recover a couple years ago but thats easier now  thanks for all the help :) and im not even goint to try to upgrade anything anymore as the database was made on this version not touching anything else :)

vbgamer45

Nice! I would do a backup at this point of both the files and the database.

Then upgrade to SMF 2.0.13 check your PHP version if 5.5 or higher then upgrade to SMF 2.0.17

Here is the 2.0 version of that theme as well https://github.com/blocthemes/older-themes/tree/master/SMF2.0.x/enterprise_smf20final

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

xapim

I tried to upgrade it earlier to the latest and its alwasy the same error on the upgrade.php as i mentioned earlier i also had it on this version from 1.05 but managed to install english utf8 and after i managed to login and run the maintenance jobs also converting it to utf8 fixed most of it  also copied the PT language that i had in the server backup but doesnt seem to appear to choose from anywhere also had to fix some board icon images that were pointing to the old server hd to just get another gif and change board by board i thing im just gonna leave it as it is before i break it again lol its not to be used anyway its just to remember the old days when we closed in 2007 i may try an upgrade later but jot just now :) and i ca choose any php version manually dir locked from 5.2 to the latest 7.3 so i can have multiple domains and even pages/forums under the same domain with this .htaccess just changing the version in the handler and suphp lines works great

Options -Indexes

# Use PHP52 as default

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php52 .php

<IfModule mod_suphp.c>

suPHP_ConfigPath /opt/php52/lib

</IfModule>

Illori

some people have had trouble upgrading to 2.0.* from some of the earlier versions of 1.1.*. try upgrading to 1.1.21 first then upgrade to 2.0.17.

xapim

Hi @llori as i said in my previous post above im leaving it for now as it is its working fine i have access to what  neede which was a working forum its only for personal use now my next quest its with another smf database backup that i also have smaller than this one i used now only about 70mb but has multiple prefixes inside the same database i suspect the admin who created it used the same database for mutiple forums thats the only explanation and according to my server backups i found at least 2 smf folders using that database with 2 different prefixes but havent found anything relating to the other pefixes

Also as i said i tried upgrading previously to 1.1.12 and the upgrade.php gave the exact same error with the smf online table but had to delete the database and  import it again via ssh everything got broken started again from scratch took me about 10+ times deleting/importing copying files all over again and testing until i got it working finally :)

vbgamer45

PHP 5.2 would probably be the issue since that is very very old.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

xapim

Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 05, 2020, 10:39:38 AM
PHP 5.2 would probably be the issue since that is very very old.

Thats whats working now on smf 1.1.2 i also tried 5.4 still works but 5.5/5.6 starts to give errors on top of the page/theme i was looking for old themes for smf 1.0/1.1 but they seem to have beem deleted from everywhere only managed to find a few couldnt even find the enterprise

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: