News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Amazon Affiliate Link Changer

Started by Sectomy, July 12, 2020, 08:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sectomy

Hi,

is there any mod which work on 2.0.17 which convert a link with an Ref_ID to change to our "own" Ref ID ?

like if someone posts a amazon link with "REF_ID=Someones_ID" to some "pre-defined" like "REF_ID=MY_ID"
so always changes the Ref ID to your own ID not to anyone elses...
you know what i mean ? just "on the fly"....

would be cool if someone have an idea, if there can be done via JScript....where do i need to put it ?

greets

andi

Arantor

I suspect your members might not appreciate that. It feels a bit unethical.

Sectomy

mostly, they copy and paste the links, so they dont have any self refs....and mmh...ethical....come on :D

Arantor

You didn't say anything about 'adding an affiliate to a link that didn't have one' (which is... I guess... not hideous but still a bit scummy), you explicitly asked about 'changing their affiliate link to yours' which is actually unethical even if not illegal.

(Shocking news: you can be unethical even if you do completely legal things. Being legal doesn't make it *right*.)

It can be done both in PHP and JavaScript (you do not want it done in JScript because then it would only work in MS Internet Explorer prior to version 11; JScript is not JavaScript) but I won't be offering how to do it with a 3 line change to parse_bbc.

shadav

erm....just my 2 cents worth, if you are going to do that then you should make it clear in your rules that affiliate links (other than your own) are not allowed and will be changed to your own

to me, if someone is going to take the time to find an item that someone is looking for, then they should be allowed to use their affiliate link if they wish to....or if they take the time to write up an article then they should be allowed to use their affiliate link

there is a bbc for amazon affiliate, that will use your affiliate when they use the bbc.....

Advertisement: