2.0.16 Upgrade : You were unable to login. Please check your cookie settings

Started by MobileCS, December 30, 2019, 03:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MobileCS

After upgrading to SMF 2.0.16, It logged me out and I am not able to log in to the forum.

QuoteYou were unable to login. Please check your cookie settings.

I have tried IE, Edge, Chrome and Firefox with the same results.

m4z

Any mods installed?

Are you trying the normal, center login form, or the top-left one? (The latter worked for me.)
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

MobileCS

I am able to log in now - I changed nothing. I'm not sure about the regular forum users though.

Is there something in the database that needs to be flushed?

m4z

Do you have a cache enabled? (Not sure if that could be the cause, though.)
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Illori

can you log in from the header and not from the log in page?

also are you using the default theme or another theme?

MobileCS

I was blocked from logging in from the actual login page (the only method available on my forum).

I removed the "quick login" box sometime ago. I'm using the default theme.

GL700Wing

I had the same issue when there was a value for "integrate_verify_user" in the settings table in the database and "Administration Center » Server Settings » Cookies and Sessions » Use basic cookie authentication" was enabled - this will add the entry "$cookie_no_auth_secret = 1;" to Settings.php.

In my case the mod that added the value is Mobile Device Detect.
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

MobileCS

I did not have either of those.

It's odd, but after I installed the patch I immediately restated Apache (to clear opcache). I could not log in on any browser. Then about 2 minutes later it just fixed itself ...

For now, I'm going to mark this as solved as everything appears to be working just fine.

movierchives

Quote from: GL700Wing on December 30, 2019, 07:40:03 PM
I had the same issue when there was a value for "integrate_verify_user" in the settings table in the database and "Administration Center » Server Settings » Cookies and Sessions » Use basic cookie authentication" was enabled - this will add the entry "$cookie_no_auth_secret = 1;" to Settings.php.

Old topic but just want to say this is what happened to me and fixed it for anyone else searching for a fix

Advertisement: