Today is a new day, what strategies are you doing to market your forum?

Started by DreadPirateRoberts, July 13, 2020, 08:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadPirateRoberts

This thread is to post what are you currently working on ro get more users and engagement on your forum? I current market on facebook music groups and have a monthly thread where member can share and critique their music. Also have a youtube channel posting music form my community. What your you guys doing?
Welcome to Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe || A retro design vaporwave community forum! Enjoy your stay!

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

shadav

I don't much advertise my sites....
mostly word of mouth or sometimes posting on fb

working on serfs for better placement ;)

skb

Ours is a Diabetes Forum. In the days of Covid most people are not interested in other health issues anyways. Plus, with all the social networking sites Forums are suffering anyways. But we must try, and I'm in the process of building a You Tube Channel to promote the Forum, if it will work.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

DreadPirateRoberts

Quote from: skb on July 15, 2020, 02:34:17 AM
Ours is a Diabetes Forum. In the days of Covid most people are not interested in other health issues anyways. Plus, with all the social networking sites Forums are suffering anyways. But we must try, and I'm in the process of building a You Tube Channel to promote the Forum, if it will work.
what is gonna be on the youtube channel?
Welcome to Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe || A retro design vaporwave community forum! Enjoy your stay!

skb

Some of the forum content in easy to understand videos and some general health issues.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

DreadPirateRoberts

Quote from: skb on July 15, 2020, 12:49:42 PM
Some of the forum content in easy to understand videos and some general health issues.
post it here when you have your first video!

skb

Here meaning, the SMF Forum ?
I've made a few and my You Tube Channel is known as HEALTHY WEIGH.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

shinglis

Quote from: Deaks on July 14, 2020, 11:43:40 AM
Facebook, Twitter and spamming my sig on forums

Same for me.  I've set up an auto-post (RSS) forum updates to a forum related twitter account and use my signature on any forum I post. The difficulty is most users tend to prefer FB group or pages for discussion instead of the forum but will continue to try and support forum and belive always a good alternative.

Advertisement: