• Welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

White board on Index but other sites works ok

Started by swo0p, July 23, 2020, 09:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Doesn't appear to be any way to uninstall a language in ACP, you would have to manually remove the language files, but don't think that would help.  Try reinstalling polish language pack in Admin -> Languages -> Add Language.
"The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley." - Robert Burns

ZyberZone

Having the same issue since I moved all the data to a new database.

A blank page if the user is not logged in.
It works if I go directly to a sub forum or to a topic.
It works if I am logged in.
It works if I disable that users can browse the forum (you are forced to log in or register).

I am using Norwegian UTF-8 as default language. If I change to English (and the users can choose language) it works.

Using .17.

So my workaround is now to have English as the default language and let the users choose language they want.

Dave J

Have you tried running 'repair_settings.php.? It's possible the paths in the old database are not going where they should be

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Repair_settings.php
All the Quiz info is here

swo0p

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on July 27, 2020, 09:56:23 PM
Doesn't appear to be any way to uninstall a language in ACP, you would have to manually remove the language files, but don't think that would help.  Try reinstalling polish language pack in Admin -> Languages -> Add Language.

I was changing language to English and that's it. Trying to upload new language file do not help.

I was upload new script 2.17, connect it to old DB and once again set UTF-8 to DB .... by now its working

Thank You guys for all suggestions and help

swo0p

Quote from: ZyberZone on July 28, 2020, 05:33:01 AM
So my workaround is now to have English as the default language and let the users choose language they want.

First, make a copy of DB.

Set language to English and press button to convert all DB to UTF-8 - in my case I think there was a problem here

Advertisement: