Advertisement:

Author Topic: Hiding signature  (Read 441 times)

Offline kim_c

• Semi-Newbie
Hiding signature
« on: August 01, 2020, 02:16:28 PM »
Is there a way of hiding your signature? Sometimes as an admin when I'm posting something official, I'd like to be able to hide my signature from the post. I've searched through settings and mods but can't find anything
Thanks for any help

Offline kim_c

• Semi-Newbie
Re: Hiding signature
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 03:24:04 PM »
Thank you but I'm not sure that's what I'm looking for. Will that hide everyone's signature unless they tick the box to show it?

Offline Arantor

• Resident Overthinker
  • SMF Friend
  • SMF Legend
    • StoryBB/StoryBB on GitHub
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 05:00:27 PM »
The alternative is to have two accounts, one for general use and one for official admin use.
Please don’t PM me for paid work, I’m not for hire, and even if I was, I doubt you could afford me.
USD$150 per hour. Typical waiting list 3 months.

Online shadav

• Ask The Muslims: A Place To Ask Honest Questions and Receive Respectful Answers
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 05:13:10 PM »
Thank you but I'm not sure that's what I'm looking for. Will that hide everyone's signature unless they tick the box to show it?
I haven't used either of them so not sure

the first mod listed, https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=409 , in it's support forum says that you can set it to be checked by default in the admin....
so by default everyone's signatures would show, unless they untick the box when posting (I'm assuming that's on a post by post permission but I could be wrong)

the second one, https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2838 , says
Possibility to show/hide signatures on a per board and/or per topic level.
so I'd assume it works much the same as the first one but also allows for a specific board not show signatures

Offline kim_c

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 05:56:21 PM »
The alternative is to have two accounts, one for general use and one for official admin use.

Thanks, I think that would work

Thank you for the suggestions guys  :)