News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Translate in Dutch

Started by Han, August 02, 2020, 09:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Han

Hi everybody:)

I have my forumsettings in Dutch. I enabled the setting for european data protection and made an agreement for it and saved it.
My forum members are Dutch and Belgium people so I'd like to have all info in the Dutch language because some of them don't speak/read english.

When a person wants to register on our forum they see a page that is almost all in Dutch, but I'd like to translate two more things in Dutch.

* Privacy Policy  - I want to translate this in  "Privacybeleid"

* The button at the bottom of the page says "I accept the terms of the agreement and privacy policy"  I want to translate this in "Ik accepteer de forumafspraken en het privacybeleid"

I've been looking where to do that. There is only an agreement.english.php that has no effect when I translate it. There is no file named agreement.dutch.php
I've searched for the strings in files from directory themes/default/languages  but I can't find the file I need to do my changes.

Anybody knows what the file is that I'm looking for?

m4z

The dutch translation should include this file.

Have you updated your translation files after updating your forum? It's a bit hidden: In your language section in the admin interface, pretend you don't have the language yet, and search for it ("dutch" in your case). Then, in the "install" screen, it will show which files are different between your forum and the current translation.
(If you made custom changes to the language files, be careful not to overwrite those.)
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Han

My forum version is 2.0.17 and my languagefiles are 2.0.16.
In my admincenter under language is "Dutch ISO-8859-1" the activated language"

I deleted the duch language files and installed Dutch again. I't ok now. Only have to some manual changes from what I considered a more accurate translation for my group of users.

m4z

The version is a bit misleading, it refers to when the specific (english) language file was last changed.
You don't need to uninstall, you can just install "over" the existing translation.

If you want to contribute back your improvements, feel free to apply as a translator:)
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Advertisement: