Not able to organize smileys, automatically reshuffle

Started by shadav, August 04, 2020, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadav

I'm trying to organize my smileys but they just keep reshuffling...

I've read in places where if you try to move the first smiley of the line, this will happen

but this happens with any smiley that I try to move and now even if i visit the page set smiley order everything just shuffles without clicking anything
on the edit smileys page I went through and moved all the smileys into the categories that I wanted but the moment I click on the set smiley order everything shuffles up and I go back to edit smileys and have to go through and set everything back to their appropriate popup category spot...if i try to view the set smiley order page again it all goes to heck....

not sure if it's because this was a convert from phpbb....though I don't see how that has anything to do with the smileys as they weren't converted over....
I do have tabbed smileys and multiple alias mods installed but don't have this issue on my other forums (all of which are on the same sever)

I compared the ManageSmileys.php file with the same from another forum of mine and they are identical so it's not that....

I thought maybe it was the tabbed smiley's so i turned it off and still the issue happens

smiley's all shuffle and lines disappear....even if i try to reorganize them on the set smiley order page they just keep shuffling around
and if I click the save button on the page, it all goes crazy and they shuffle around some more and lines merge and get removed....all smileys are still there but in random places

any thoughts?
this is so killing my ocd right now

efk

shadav

all I did between the before and after image was click on set smiley order and then click on edit smileys and the last row in the popup was deleted and smileys got shuffled around

efk

Quotenot sure if it's because this was a convert from phpbb....though I don't see how that has anything to do with the smileys as they weren't converted over....
I do have tabbed smileys and multiple alias mods installed but don't have this issue on my other forums (all of which are on the same sever)
Can be but I'm wrong person to comment on this.

Quoteall I did between the before and after image was click on set smiley order and then click on edit smileys and the last row in the popup was deleted and smileys got shuffled around
From previous experiences, try to make it simple first, set location to be Post form for all and see if something changes. I don't know, but simple changes like this can somehow fix the problem which I like on SMF. If that doesn't help use some default smiley set from SMF and then go from 0 and set smileys as you like - might fix something or can show you from where your problem is coming (which should be TABS, or at least I expect it to be).
I'm wondering how did you made tabs thing for smileys, can you take screenshot for new post (without hitting Post button)?

shadav

it's a mod :) https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2782
(I use the beta one as it puts everything into tabs)

I use it on my other forums and don't have this issue....but I mean it could be....I did disable it and still had the same issue...

efk

Very possible to be related with moving from 2.0.15 to 2.0.17. Maybe reinstalling the mod can fix the problem - had similar problems with mods in past after moving to newer forum version and at least once from what I remember solution was reinstalling the mod. Now better wait 1 more opinion on this.

Advertisement: