SMF Versatile Post Reactions

Started by Decent_946, August 07, 2020, 11:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadav

Quote from: Decent_946 on August 12, 2020, 02:08:28 PM
Quote from: shadav on August 09, 2020, 05:26:18 PM
post with reacts
I removed the position: absolute; to help with the signature overlay issue, now it just bumps the signature down to display who reacted
I wouldn't recommend it though. I made it absolute thinking a scenario; if an emoji is reacted with 100x reactions. It'll break the view of the forum.

Once again, thank you everyone for your feedback! :)
that's a good point...maybe a way to open the who voted in a popup so it's not blending into the signature becoming illegible?  or am I overthinking it and just need to add a background to css?

Decent_946

Quote from: shadav on August 12, 2020, 02:24:26 PM
that's a good point...maybe a way to open the who voted in a popup so it's not blending into the signature becoming illegible?  or am I overthinking it and just need to add a background to css?
The current way to show the name of members who reacted is more convenient then :D
Thankx to RebellioN

efk

Quote from: Decent_946 on August 12, 2020, 02:08:28 PM
Quote from: efk on August 09, 2020, 04:11:52 PM
Have 1 idea, since we don't want on every forum and on every post to be displayed entire list of smileys/emojis which can be considered as forum-self-spam and boring for users to scroll more just because entire list of emojis is shown in every single post, can you make it be hidden under single smiley or something like that and expanded on click, of course already used emoji/smiley should be displayed, or even option could be there as well to expand used options.
I appreciate your feedback. As I've mentioned in the first post that the mod is inspired by two previously present mods. You may think of it as a mod without PRO tag. The reason I created this mod is quite understandable. Most of the users ask about reactions mod. The communities I manage, their was a huge demand. As there wasn't any free mod, I decided to develop a simple version. However, I'll add another section named [More](x reactions) near the current reaction emojis. Which will show up more emojis on hovering as per your suggestion.

Truly speaking, I had set my mind that it'll be the simples version of reactions mod. But, I'm much motivated to see the feedback and mod ranked in most Popular Mods.

Side note: In the general section of mod, I've mentioned if one needs any additional feature can pm me, I'll develop specifically for paid.
Things like this are excellent for having nice time and mod itself is going to be the most popular. I believe with more improvements it could be the best mod of this type. I'm not in position to help you, you should post link for donations, so someone might reward you for making this cool mod.
Personally I would like to see reactions to be completely hidden until someone click on some of them so they are then shown (talking if there is 0 reactions on emoji), or option in settings to give us ability to choose if we want it to be completely shown or partially hidden. Reverting reaction should be allowed by default...

Decent_946

Quote from: efk on August 13, 2020, 08:41:33 PM
Things like this are excellent for having nice time and mod itself is going to be the most popular. I believe with more improvements it could be the best mod of this type. I'm not in position to help you, you should post link for donations, so someone might reward you for making this cool mod.
Personally I would like to see reactions to be completely hidden until someone click on some of them so they are then shown (talking if there is 0 reactions on emoji), or option in settings to give us ability to choose if we want it to be completely shown or partially hidden. Reverting reaction should be allowed by default...
Thank you for your kind feedback. As I said earlier, I'll try to implement your point in a way that suits the best. :)
Thankx to RebellioN

diegolyanky

Installed and worked very well.

Nice mod, congratulations...
SMF ... SimpleMachines ... Simple, but complete if you want it ;)

njtweb

Thank you, two things.

Any chance of enabling guests ability to react? And can the black border be removed from the emojis? I removed the border in the CSS for my theme, I saved it, and it shows removed in the preview but when I go back to the index and click a topic, the border is still there. I ran the maint routine to empty cache, I emptied the cache from chrome through the settings and I did a shift f5 and control f5. The border is still there. I then when through CPANEL and edited the css directly, saved it and then reloaded and it's still there. Am I missing another place?

Great mod!

njtweb

Border went away, guess the server had to update.

Arantor

Making this work for guests is had because there's no way to identify definitively who reacted, to avoid the same person hitting the button over and over (same reason 2.1 likes don't support guest likes)

Decent_946

Quote from: njtweb on August 25, 2020, 07:05:42 AM
Border went away, guess the server had to update.

It's a simple cache that stays for some time after modifying CSS. I'm glad you fixed it. And, thanks for your feedback. :)

As far as the guest reaction is concerned, yes it can be implemented for sure. But by this, as @Arantor said we can't identify if the guest has reacted previously or not. Thus, a guest could react as many time as he'd like to a single emoji.

Quote from: diegolyanky on August 24, 2020, 09:39:17 PM

Installed and worked very well.

Nice mod, congratulations...

Thank you! :)
Thankx to RebellioN

barnaby jonez

Very nice mod, seems like the next step from "likes" - will be keeping an eye on this, good work

Decent_946

Update: 06/09/2020 - v1.3
-Fixed a bug reported by njtweb which caused overwriting of other mod options under Modifications -> Miscellaneous. If one has lost some options from Miscellaneous settings, he is requested to install the new version of the mod. Thanks to @Sycho for helping in resolving the bug.

Quote from: barnaby jonez on August 29, 2020, 02:50:15 PM
Very nice mod, seems like the next step from "likes" - will be keeping an eye on this, good work
Thanks! :)
Thankx to RebellioN

Jesse17

If this is the wrong place to post this, I appologize.

I installed the SMF Versatile Post Reactions mod and it appears to be working in the Admin menus, but when viewing the forum it does not appear. Am I missing a step?

I'm using SMF 2.017 Core theme

njtweb

After it's installe you should see it right away. Try changing to default curve and see.

Decent_946

Quote from: Jesse17 on September 13, 2020, 02:39:34 PM
If this is the wrong place to post this, I appologize.

I installed the SMF Versatile Post Reactions mod and it appears to be working in the Admin menus, but when viewing the forum it does not appear. Am I missing a step?

I'm using SMF 2.017 Core theme
You are at the right place.

As @njtweb said, the reaction emojis should appear right away after installing the mod.

Did it show some errors during the installation? If not, I guess you have missed to check/select the theme you've applied to your forum during the installation. Thus, it'll only work on default theme.
Thankx to RebellioN

Jesse17

njtweb and Decent_946 are correct. Someone was talking to me when I installed the mod and I think I did miss some check boxes. Then, when the emojies didn't show up on the theme I used, I switched to the Core theme thinking that was the default. I forgot Curve is the default. They do show up on the Curve theme. So I guess I will just uninstall the mod then install it again and make sure I select the themes this time.

THANKS EVERYONE!

shadav

just installed the update....

um, question, am I missing something...

Quote12/08/2020 - v1.2
-Updated the mod. Now Administrator can enable/disable whether members can revert their vote or not.

I don't see this option in 1.3

shadav

;D I found it...it's under miscellaneous

dowhelp

Nice mod. Thank you

Is there any way to reduce the size of the emojis and position please?

I am using the default theme in SMF 2.017

Steve

Where would I go to edit the names of the default reactions that pop up when you hover over them?
DO NOT pm me for support!

SilverKnight

This is a great mod, reminds me of the old facepunch ratings. You really do need to have it either faded out or hidden until you move your mouse over an initial image to place the rating, loading all those icons isn't efficient

Advertisement: