News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

how do I delete an entire member group?

Started by MacGig, August 17, 2020, 10:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGig

a forum I manage seems to have an extra group called member which duplicates the regular member group. how do I delete the group called member?   I choose modify and theirs no delete button to be found.

Arantor

That looks like a post count group, you can't delete it because SMF requires a group starting at 0 posts to exist for all members.

MacGig

Quote from: Arantor on August 17, 2020, 10:18:55 AM
That looks like a post count group, you can't delete it because SMF requires a group starting at 0 posts to exist for all members.

interesting. looks like it was created by someone? its not on a fresh install of SMF I just did.     it seems to have different permissions than the regular member group... I thought that would mess something up, like having 2 similar groups with differing permissions?  I could be wrong of course.

Arantor

It's there in a fresh install, it's just called Newbie in a fresh install. It's also not deleteable.

A user is always in at least two groups, their assigned group (or Registered Member) and a post count group. This is not changeable.

Sir Osis of Liver

SMF installs with 5 post count groups.  You can delete four of them, but not the first one (Newbie), but you can rename it.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: