URL stripped when using special characters

Started by Kjell H., August 31, 2020, 11:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kjell H.

We have a topic with lots of links

https://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php?topic=14075.0

Example:
[url=https://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,12325.0.html]Beginners Guide to Spencer Loading (Taylor's 56-50)[/url]

Because of the apostrophe the URL is stripped ( in preview mode it looks good ) and Taylor's 56-50 shows up in the browser.

Forum is converted to utf-8 so without the url the apostrophe shows up just fine.

Please advise.

https://www.cascity.com/forumhall/phpinfo.php

Kindred

Beginners Guide to Spencer Loading (Taylor's 56-50)

seems to work here....   on your site I don't see that URL built the proper way...

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kjell H.

The obvious question is then:

What is the definition of the "proper way"?

Kindred

what I mean is that some of the lines are text with no link, some of the lines are text with a link to the right and some of the lines are text with a link under the text.... you don't seem to be consistent

Also, why are you using that crappy design of link with .html?    Your site does not use that old SEF (because it's no longer SEF and should not be used) but your text  in that post uses it...

What mods do you have installed?

because something is interfering with the basic BBC parsing of the url tag
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kjell H.

This particular user has updated this post since 2007, so yes, there are inconsistencies in terms of the url and it has also been edited in the past few days to figure out the problem why the url is stripped. But regardless of the url not being the current format, should not have an effect on the actual problem.

Note also that interference in parsing only happens when there are "'" or "&" in the link text.

See attachment for installed mods.

Kindred

my guess would be first: Anti-spam by cleantalk
second: media embedder....

However, that can't be your entire list of mods, since I can see the copyright statement for the reactions mod as well...

If you provide me with a login, I'll try test posting (in this case, yes, you can PM me)
Слaва
Украинi

Kjell H.

Kindred

OK -- I tested this on your site.

As I suspected, it's due to the Auto media embed mod.

If you go into the settings and disable that mod, the URLs with ' in the title/text immediately start working again.

Слaва
Украинi

Kjell H.

Advertisement: