News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Issues migrating from SMF1.1 to new host?

Started by HenryAiden, September 02, 2020, 06:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HenryAiden

Hi!

I'm having some problem migrating my old SMF 1.1(RC3 actually) on a Windows server, to a new Linux one (Debian 9), with the idea of then update to SMF 2.x.
I installed Lighttpd, MariaDB and PHP5.6.
Server is working for basic HTML files. Typical PHP tests like phpinfo works, so I assumed the basics are covered.
I put the forum in maintenance, and I manually dumped the database obtaining an .sql file (I read that the backup function of the forum may produce some malformed results). I then imported the file on the new MariaDB, and all seems to have being going well.
I downloaded and then uploaded all the forums files in the new server, changed&checked the files permissions (to www-data).
Then I got the repair_settings.php file, but when trying to run it, the script doesn't execute as expected but instead output part of the code starting from "function restoreAll()".

I'm attaching a screen shot of the browser window.

I though I followed the procedures and recommendations correctly, but evidently not.
What I have missed? Is there something that I can check to diagnose the problem?

Thank you in advance.

Dzonny

That's way outdated version though, and it may be a challenge to upgrade it to 2.0 version.
I'd maybe firstly try to upgrade to stable 1.1. version, and use package manager updates to update to some later release, after which i'd go with 2.0 upgrade pack.

You didn't attached printscreen though.
I'm not even sure what pre-stable 1.1. version requirements were, server wise.

marcosbr

Nothing in life is absolute. We are always learning... Did you know that?
https://amigosdaeletronica.com.br

Arantor

Quote from: marcosbr on September 02, 2020, 09:49:20 AM
Downloads>Archived Releases>1.1.21

Wouldn't recommend. There are schema changes across the 1.1 series.

Best route I can imagine would actually be via 1.1.9 then 1.1.21.

Sir Osis of Liver

Never attempted upgrade from 1.1 RC, but earlier 1.1.x usually required upgrading in steps to 1.1.21, then to 2.0.  Also had to play with earlier php versions to get to .21.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: