Integration of SMF script into laravel

Started by olekhabiter7, September 02, 2020, 10:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olekhabiter7

Hello,

i have one question. How or is possible to store data from SMF SSI (api) into Laravel Auth. Is there way to sync that two script or any other way to store data from SMF and use as Auth throw framework website beside forum script.

Thank you.

Arantor

With huge difficulty. SMF is its own framework.

That said, there are integration hooks you can use so that SMF will not look up auth from its own cookies but from the ones from your Laravel app, but you'd have to write that yourself, no ones done it for Laravel AFAIK. (You'd still have to put users into SMF's tables, that's a hard requirement)

AndrykVP

I am also trying to use hooks and the SSI from SMF in Laravel and I'm stumpt. I hope you can help.

I have the SMF forums and Laravel in the same server (local at the time), and when calling for the SSI file with require_once I get a few errors.

Function get_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated on SSI.php Line 30
I changed this bit:
$ssi_magic_quotes_runtime = function_exists('get_magic_quotes_gpc') && get_magic_quotes_runtime();

To:
$ssi_magic_quotes_runtime = true;

But then I get another error

Trying to access array offset on value of type null on Load.php Line 168

It seems like $modSettings variable is null, and I'm not sure what to do next.

Kindred

What version of smf?   And what version of php are you running?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Oldiesmann

The magic quotes stuff is deprecated as of PHP 7.4.0. I don't know if SMF 2.0.17 is officially compatible with 7.4 yet. 2.1 is, though it's still in development.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: