Paid Add notes to topics

Started by tareko, September 10, 2020, 10:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tareko

I need a mod that adds notes to topics. I have seen a Board and topics note in the mods section but it does not do what I want and furthermore it is unsupported. Anyhow I want the mod to be permission based. Users can add notes to own topics or all topics and users can view notes to own topics only or all topics. Afterwards it can be released here for free I don't care. Send me a message in prive to talk about price.

Kindred

What the difference between a "note" and a standard reply which is already a basic feature, including permissions?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tareko

Quote from: Kindred on September 10, 2020, 12:06:10 PM
What the difference between a "note" and a standard reply which is already a basic feature, including permissions?

You kidding me right? They are 2 completely different things.

Kindred

I am not kidding you. I fail to see the difference,  which is why I asked you the explain
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Kindred on September 10, 2020, 05:57:37 PM
I am not kidding you. I fail to see the difference,  which is why I asked you the explain

Actually Kindred, this can not be done with the standard reply. I was hired by tareko to code this mod for him. He wanted the note for each topic to be shown on top of the topic so it can be very noticable by all members who read the topic on every page of the topic.

Illori

that is why Kindred asked for more details. it was not apparent that was what the OP wanted.

njtweb

Why not just use an announcement? Topics go off topic on every social media platform all the time. That's why you need admins and moderators.

tareko

Quote from: Illori on September 13, 2020, 08:33:58 AM
that is why Kindred asked for more details. it was not apparent that was what the OP wanted.

The problem is that whenever someone asks for something here Kindred and some others always tell them why you want to do that and it can be done with this and that. My request was self explanatory. What was there to not understand. You can not add note to topics with replies. He made it like I was stupid to pay for something like could be done with the replies which was not the case.

Quote from: njtweb on September 13, 2020, 10:32:33 AM
Why not just use an announcement? Topics go off topic on every social media platform all the time. That's why you need admins and moderators.

Can you add and display announcements for each topic?

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on September 13, 2020, 07:17:45 AM
Quote from: Kindred on September 10, 2020, 05:57:37 PM

Actually Kindred, this can not be done with the standard reply. I was hired by tareko to code this mod for him. He wanted the note for each topic to be shown on top of the topic so it can be very noticable by all members who read the topic on every page of the topic.

Thanks Doug. You did a great job again.

Illori

Quote from: tareko on September 13, 2020, 12:13:19 PM

The problem is that whenever someone asks for something here Kindred and some others always tell them why you want to do that and it can be done with this and that. My request was self explanatory. What was there to not understand. You can not add note to topics with replies. He made it like I was stupid to pay for something like could be done with the replies which was not the case.

if you had explained in detail what you wanted, kindred would not have asked you for more details. telling us you wanted to add notes does not tell us exactly what function you want added.

tareko

Quote from: Illori on September 13, 2020, 12:18:39 PM
Quote from: tareko on September 13, 2020, 12:13:19 PM

if you had explained in detail what you wanted, kindred would not have asked you for more details. telling us you wanted to add notes does not tell us exactly what function you want added.

In retrospect you are right I think. I thought that it was self explanatory but I guess I was wrong.

Advertisement: