News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

CR + LF file corruption after FTP transfer

Started by WilboBaggins, September 13, 2020, 11:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WilboBaggins

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=559078.0

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I came across this because I'm in a very similar situation, resurrecting a mostly-defunct forum where all the phpBB file attachments (mostly images) got corrupted from improper ASCII file transfers.

I kind of understand the discussion of this thread, but programming is not my forte, at all. Do you have any advice on what solutions might exist for restoring these files, or did you ever finish writing this program? The link to the hxxp:fixgz.zip [nonactive] is not working.

Thanks for whatever help/guidance/abuse you can give me! ;)

Split from two year old topic.  Please avoid reviving old topics which have been marked as solved.  Link to topic in question included to provide context - Iris.

Kindred

AFAIK,  there is no wY to recover corrupted files.  Our only answer is that you have to go back to the source and re-download
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

WilboBaggins

Thanks. I was replying to an older thread because there was some discussion of trying to repair such image files, and the author may have been working on such a program, but it seems like it put my post in a new thread instead of bumping the old one.

Maybe I'll send him a PM directly.

Sir Osis of Liver

There were several methods posted that allegedly fixed corrupt image files, but none of them worked.  It's possible someone's done it since, but if so we'd have seen it here.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: