News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.17 issue and question

Started by mchero, September 13, 2020, 11:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mchero

Installed SMF 2.0.17 w/o issues. Was working to get verified by Google Adsense and apparently 'Dinged" some code. Now the copyright footer on all pages is jacked up. [see attachment]
I need to know what file I need to edit to correct.

Also; Trying to use Google web tools but need to know where to drop te file to verifiy my site.

Thanks

Robert
www.dieselrvowners.com

Dzonny

Hey there,

Can you tell us what exactly you did in order to get verified by google adsense? You probably added some code in template, or use a mod instead?

mchero

I added code. I need to know where the copywrite info is generated. Google adsense has successfully verified my site. I just need to correct footer formatting.

Thanks

Robert
www.dieselrvowners.com

Sir Osis of Liver

Depending on what you changed -

index.template.php

// Show the "Powered by" and "Valid" logos, as well as the copyright. Remember, the copyright must be somewhere!
echo '
<div id="footer_section"><div class="frame">
<ul class="reset">
<li class="copyright">', theme_copyright(), '</li>
<li><a id="button_xhtml" href="http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer" target="_blank" class="new_win" title="', $txt['valid_xhtml'], '"><span>', $txt['xhtml'], '</span></a></li>
', !empty($modSettings['xmlnews_enable']) && (!empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) || $context['user']['is_logged']) ? '<li><a id="button_rss" href="' . $scripturl . '?action=.xml;type=rss" class="new_win"><span>' . $txt['rss'] . '</span></a></li>' : '', '
<li class="last"><a id="button_wap2" href="', $scripturl , '?wap2" class="new_win"><span>', $txt['wap2'], '</span></a></li>
</ul>';

index.css

/* The footer wih copyright links etc. */

Subs.php

// Show the copyright...
function theme_copyright($get_it = false)
{
global $forum_copyright, $context, $scripturl, $forum_version, $txt, $modSettings;

// Don't display copyright for things like SSI.
if (!isset($forum_version))
return;

// Put in the version...
$forum_copyright = sprintf($forum_copyright, $forum_version);

// It feels icky putting this here, but it's the only good way to do this without
// requiring all custom themes to be updated in order to comply with the GDPR.
if (!empty($modSettings['force_gdpr']))
$forum_copyright .= ' | <a id="button_agreement" href="' . $scripturl . '?action=agreement"><span>' . $txt['terms_and_policies'] . '</span></a>';

echo '
<span class="smalltext" style="display: inline; visibility: visible; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;">' . $forum_copyright . '
</span>';
}

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

mchero

THANKS!

Must be index.template.php, I did not touch the other two. I'll sniff it out & let ya know how I did.

Robert
www.dieselrvowners.com

Advertisement: