News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

7/24 attacked from Bots?

Started by Sabit Fikir, September 19, 2020, 04:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabit Fikir

I only have 1 month of SMF experience and 2 members, someone is already me.

But from the beginning, 24/7 bots are scheduled to become a member.

I closed recruiting but the bots never stopped pushing.

I cannot understand how I was hacked like this in the first week of my site and although I did not advertise.

I could not find what to do.

Of course I did research but could not find a solution ..

I don't know what to do, as a beginner ..

"Look what they done to my song ma"  hxxp:www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX9A5vv-jOM [nonactive]

Sir Osis of Liver

If you've disabled registration and bots are still registering, usually means you have Tapatalk mod installed.  Not difficult to stop bots using verification questions core feature if it's set up correctly.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Sabit Fikir

Thanks you for your quickly answer  :)

But ı dont know what is "Tapatalk mod", and where it is?

And, problem for me:

I use shared hosting and there are more and more 1,500 attacks every day.

Now a white page appears on my site.

I don't understand, my site is only about women's basketball around the world.

I can't understand who got angry with me ..  :'(

Dzonny

Can we see a link to your forum please?

Nobody is angry with you, those are just bots.
You may want to take a look at this article for spam prevention though:
Spam - my forum is flooded with spam, what can I do

a10

1.500 reg attempts a day does not seem like some serious attack, a real attack\ddos would probably be 1.500.000+, and they would probably not try to specifically register, just hit the site all over. So am thinking 'normal' spambots.

1st check a bunch of those ip's in Stopforumspam.com (or similar antispam site). If listed there, 99.999% sure it's just the spambots, get rid of them by using a good set of registration questions (search forum here for some good system). And yes, they find targets, fast.

If ip's not listed anywhere as known spam, talk with your host about what can be done. If your site chokes with a few 1000's of visits, the host is not up to the task. Am also on shared host, have seen some extreme days with many 100.000's of registration attempts (none succeeding, stopped by reg questions) \ spider hits, not affecting the normal running of the forum in any way.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Sabit Fikir

Sabit Fikir

Quote from: a10 on September 19, 2020, 05:49:09 PM
1.500 reg attempts a day does not seem like some serious attack, a real attack\ddos would probably be 1.500.000+, and they would probably not try to specifically register, just hit the site all over. So am thinking 'normal' spambots.

1st check a bunch of those ip's in hxxp:stopforumspam.com [nonactive] (or similar antispam site). If listed there, 99.999% sure it's just the spambots, get rid of them by using a good set of registration questions (search forum here for some good system). And yes, they find targets, fast.

If ip's not listed anywhere as known spam, talk with your host about what can be done. If your site chokes with a few 1000's of visits, the host is not up to the task. Am also on shared host, have seen some extreme days with many 100.000's of registration attempts (none succeeding, stopped by reg questions) \ spider hits, not affecting the normal running of the forum in any way.

Yes, I will consider what you said about ip no.

But I don't expect my problem to be solved soon.

KittyGalore

Quote from: Sabit Fikir on September 19, 2020, 06:21:09 PM
Quote from: Dzonny on September 19, 2020, 05:30:44 PM
Can we see a link to your forum please?

Sorry, because I'm afraid..
If you are worried for more spamming message someone who can help i'm sure if it has adult content or something then their is nothing to be afraid of.
SMF Curve 2.0x

Sir Osis of Liver

Sadly, some people can't be helped. :(

- R. Waters

efk

Quote from: Dzonny on September 19, 2020, 05:30:44 PM
>> Can we see a link to your forum please? <<

Nobody is angry with you, those are just bots.
You may want to take a look at this article for spam prevention though:
Spam - my forum is flooded with spam, what can I do

Sir Osis of Liver

IIRC, 2.0 installs with registration set to immediate registration using simplest captcha (which is useless in any case).  If you do a scratch install, bots will start registering within minutes if you don't disable registration until you set up verification questions or some other anti-spam measures.

- R. Waters

Sabit Fikir

QuoteIf you are worried for more spamming message someone who can help i'm sure if it has adult content or something then their is nothing to be afraid of.

As I said, the content of my site is women's basketball leagues. Like the currently active WNBA.

Thanks.  :)

Advertisement: