News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Turn off guest posting

Started by njtweb, September 21, 2020, 08:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njtweb

I decided to turn off guest posting due to adults acting like bratty little children. I grew tired of the moderation. With that said, I removed new topic posting and reply permissions. However, that's removed the quick reply box, quote button, and reply button. Is there a way for me to keep those functions visible so that a guest can click or try to post and get a "you must be registered to comment" notification?

vbgamer45

It would require edit to theme files to remove the permission check that makes the buttons visible or not.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

njtweb

Okay, I've always had guest posting allowed so I wasn't sure if it worked the same way when disabled. I think having the buttons and quick reply visible with a short message like having to be registered to comment would encourage people to register.

As I've said before with my site, nobody will register, they all prefer to post as guests because of anonymity . Since I turned off guest posting all of the idiots went back into hiding.

Kindred

basically, SMF, as designed, never shows the user the interface for any action that they can not complete.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: