News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Blocking Other Users

Started by Acorn, September 24, 2020, 04:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acorn

It appears that on our board a user can block another user even if they are a global moderator or an admin.  Is there a setting somewhere that stops them from doing this? 

Thanks.

efk

Dzonny

Maybe the OP thinks about Ignore feature for profiles?

efk

Quote from: Dzonny on September 24, 2020, 11:24:26 AM
Maybe the OP thinks about Ignore feature for profiles?
I thought the same at first, but if you block user/add user to ignore list you will be able to click and expand post easily.

In Permissions > Edit additional profile settings disable for specific membergroup, untick Own profile:
But with this you will remove other features that this permissions gives to user. Not sure if there is a mod to separate permissions into pieces so you can remove only Buddies/Ignore list.

Acorn

Yes, it is the ignore list I'm talking about.  I don't want to remove the buddy/ignore facility, but it is clearly not a good thing if a member can set things so that they don't see posts from moderators or admins.

Dzonny

Well, make sense, though there's no such option built-in as far as I'm aware.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Acorn on September 24, 2020, 11:43:52 AM
Yes, it is the ignore list I'm talking about.  I don't want to remove the buddy/ignore facility, but it is clearly not a good thing if a member can set things so that they don't see posts from moderators or admins.

You can put in a request for a mod about this at the Request section. It is fairly easy to do.

Acorn

Thank you - I think I will do that. 

Advertisement: