News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

I think I need to delete a post from the database...

Started by Acorn, September 29, 2020, 02:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acorn

I'm on SMF 2.0.13

About an hour and a half ago a member made a post which has made that page of the thread show a blank page for everyone.  If I go to their profile and look at their posts I also get a blank page.  If I try to reply from a previous page I get a blank page.

The error log shows that there was an undefined error.

Presumably it would be a good idea to delete that post, but my sql is almost non-existent.

Can anyone offer me some advice?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Acorn

Type of error: Undefined

https://oursite.com/index.php?action=jsmodify;topic=11149;d817e8dd4b3=3452ce004108b2eb8b64b8de116a1408;xml [nofollow]

8: Undefined index: approved

File: /var/sites/t/oursite.com/public_html/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 2416

Line 2416 in Sub-Posts.php  is the third line of this snippet, which I assume refers to the '@mention members' modification:

mentions_process_post($msgOptions, $topicOptions, $posterOptions);
   if (!empty($msgOptions['mentions']))
      mentions_process_store($msgOptions['mentions'], $msgOptions['id'], $msgOptions['subject'], $msgOptions['approved']);

Apparently the problem arose when the member tried to modify her post, not when she initially made it.  She received a message saying that she had already made that post.

vbgamer45

Does topic id 11149 load at all? You can find messages in the smf_messages table And you can query based on topic id and member id of the member.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Acorn

The first 8 pages were loading, it's just page 9 (the final page) that gives the blank screen.

But that no longer matters because I have found the post in the database and deleted it, and all is well again - thanks for your help.  I couldn't find the table earlier, but it appears to have been hidden by my browser refusing to scroll for some reason.  When you named it I looked harder and found it.

The database entries are beautifully clear - unlike some other forum software database entries!

Many, many thanks.

Kindred

it is unlikely that the undefined variable was the problem....

more than likely, the user attach ed a large image in the post

do note: just deleting the post directly in the database is not necessarily the proper way to have dealt with the issue and may cause issues on your site (one post will only be minor issues, but if you keep doing that, those issues will add-up.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Acorn

She may well have been doing something with an attachment.

What should I have done to sort it out properly?

Kindred

easiest thing would be to remove the attachment. :)

going forward, I think you may need to try this
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=4111
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Acorn

Thank you!  I have just looked for the attachment, but couldn't find one - I expect that's because I deleted the post though. 

vbgamer45

Quote from: Kindred on September 29, 2020, 04:18:01 PM

more than likely, the user attach ed a large image in the post

Yeah i notice that often when people have set a max image width/height setting.
It calls url_image_size which trys to find the size of each image. I think issue is when creating/editing a post.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Acorn

We don't have any max settings for image attachments - we generally rely on people being sensible, and have the odd moan when they're not.

Advertisement: