News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Problems with package manager

Started by CapadY, September 28, 2020, 04:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapadY

I have a site running at SMF 2.09To upgrade this site in a save way I made a copy on my NAS (Synology 214+)
When i try to upload the padge from 2.09 to 2.10 I have an error, the selected file couldn't be found (It is in a subdirectory of the SMF files). Herewith the advise to copy the file manual  to the package directory.
No problem to copy it manualy but what after that ? I thougt in the previous time the package was shown at installed packages with the possibility to click on install but after copying the file to the packages dir I can't find any  possibility to install the package.
Who can help me out this ?
BTW, when I look at the permissions some important directories seems to be unwriteble. When I try to change them via SMF they keep on unwriteble. When I look at those file fia FileZilla client all de directories seems to be writeble.

Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Dzonny

Hey there!
You most likely have problem with permissions in your directories/files. Can you check the CHMOD for the packages directory? Also the temp and backup directories as well?

CapadY

As I wrote, when I take a look in the permissions part of SMF they are all unwriteble and I am unable to change that via SMF.When I look at it via FileZilla they have all 777 permissions.I find out that I am also unable to chage the permissions via FileZilla, it stay on 777
Till now I neither find a way to change the permissions via Synology File manager.

Dont ask me how it is possible at a more then 10 years old forum with 35 Mods installed but there was no temp-dir. I have added it but till now withouth result.

Dzonny

Well, you should be able to change CHMOD through ftp unless your user account have some limits, but the best would be to ask your hosting support.

Anyway, if you upload the package itself through FTP in Packages directory, you should be able to install it through package manager, as it should appear in the list with an "install" option.

Sir Osis of Liver

777 is not allowed on some servers for security reasons.  FileZilla should be able to change permissions, but it might have a problem if you're on a windows server.  Can you get to permissions in cpanel filemanager?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

CapadY

I am working on a Synology NAS.

After a question at the Synology forum I am a little further.
When I select the package file and click the "download"-button the package file is transfered to the package directory so it's absolutly sure the package directory is writeble.
Using FieZilla to edit permissions also works fine now.

Next step is clicking "Install". After that there is again an errormessage the package can't be installed because the package-directory is not
writeble.

When I look at the permissions page of SMF italso tells me the neccesary directories are writeble.

Sir Osis of Liver

Sounds like a server issue.  There were no database changes from 2.0.9 to 2.0.17, you can upload a clean set of 2.0.17 files then reinstall mods and customizations. 

- R. Waters

CapadY

As a matter of fact I don't like the idea to install about 50 Mods and reinvent some own written codehaks :)Ik stopped the job on the NAS because every time there where new problems.
I Open an new topic with my last problem :)

Sir Osis of Liver

Can you post version info from Admin -> Support and Credits.

- R. Waters

CapadY

Herewith the error from the log

The forum is running at SMF 2.0.17 at the moment

Advertisement: