News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Converting questions

Started by daveo1, October 08, 2020, 04:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveo1

Ive got a problem on my hands, the short story is my IPB 3.4 board is broke. I dont think it can be fixed. Its a long story but here is my question. Can I convert just using my database tables (functional database) and all of the pictures?

Basically its all there but does not function.

So here is the long version, I tried to upgrade to IPB 4x and had to roll the PHP version from 5x to 7x and the mysql version up also. Both not comparable with 3.4 (I didnt know this) Something went wrong and I cant revert back to get 3.4 working again :(

Thanks for any input!

vbgamer45

Yes you can convert just using the convertor. The IPB board does not need to be working.
Just the database and path to the files is ok
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

daveo1

Well that was fast! THANK YOU

Anything to watch for?

Im finding out, I'm no PHP person! I know enough to get by...And get in big trouble too!

vbgamer45

Just always have backups is the main thing.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

I get this error, right off the bat,  using the convertor.... What is the convertor looking for exactly?

"Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Invision Power Board 3.2. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: 1146"

vbgamer45

You have to give the database user that is part of SMF install access to the IPB datatabase. The IPB data won't be changed just read from.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

I guess my IPBoard is in worse shape than I thought. I cant get the converter to go past the first step

My config.php has the correct database, user and password on it. The database is all there. Kind of odd...

Any other ideas at all?

Edit, to add to it, I THINK its the MYSQL database version. It used to be 5.1 now its been rolled up to 5.7 and not compatible with IPB 3.4

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Did you try to give permission via phpmyadmin or other database tool to  the IPB database from the smf database user

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 09, 2020, 01:57:46 PM
Did you try to give permission via phpmyadmin or other database tool to  the IPB database from the smf database user

Im not sure how to do that, I do have access to phpmyadmin. Sorry, I'm a bit new to all this.

vbgamer45

Check out if you have access to mysql command line here is another option.

https://chartio.com/resources/tutorials/how-to-grant-all-privileges-on-a-database-in-mysql/

Or you can grab https://www.adminer.org/ if you know your root mysql password and run that and add permission to the database for that user

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 09, 2020, 02:08:08 PM
Check out if you have access to mysql command line here is another option.

https://chartio.com/resources/tutorials/how-to-grant-all-privileges-on-a-database-in-mysql/

Or you can grab https://www.adminer.org/ if you know your root mysql password and run that and add permission to the database for that user

Im going to look into that Adminer here in a bit. Probably the easier option.

Just to throw some things out there SMF is set up and functional, BOTH databases are on the same phpmyadmin mysql server, I dont think it matters but both databases have the same user and password.

AND THANK YOU for the help!

daveo1

Maybe a little closer! Now I get this error.

Unable to find the settings for Invision Power Board 3.2. Please double check the path and try again.

daveo1

Here is what the privileges look like on both databases...

daveo1

I did get it going! Hung up on the first STEP!

Converting...
Converting members...Field 'buddy_list' doesn't have a default value

Im trying to use the search function to get thru this

vbgamer45

You can try removing STRICT_TRANS_TABLES from my.cnf/my.ini in your mysql config https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15438840/mysql-error-1364-field-doesnt-have-a-default-values
Or change the column to have a default value/allow null i believe.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

That worked. Its going to be a long conversion.... Stuck on a topic for no apparent reason :'(

daveo1

This one is odd, wont let me go any further

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

Damn your fast, it worked!

Here is that pesky buddy list again....

Converting...
Converting topics...
Successful.
Converting posts (this may take some time)... Successful.
Recounting post counts...The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: buddy_list

Sending you a PM vbgammer

vbgamer45

Hmm this column should exist in the smf_members table
buddy_list text NOT NULL,

If not add it with this sql
Alter table smf_members add column  buddy_list text NOT NULL after new_pm;

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 10, 2020, 11:21:17 AM
Hmm this column should exist in the smf_members table
buddy_list text NOT NULL,

If not add it with this sql
Alter table smf_members add column  buddy_list text NOT NULL after new_pm;

It does is exist.... Thats whats so dumb!

daveo1

12    buddy_list    text    latin1_swedish_ci       Yes    NULL       

vbgamer45

Does everything else on the forum look ok? Recounting post counts. should be the last step.
You can always fix post counts in the forum admin maintenance area.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

Its starting to, I cant log in. I have a database issue I am getting worked out with the server. Im trying to figure out if the log in issue is the mysql database issue or from the SMF not being completely set up.

vbgamer45

You can also do forgot your password to reset your login.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

I did try that. Im still messing with tech support on mysql DB issues. It is intermittent on connectivity.... Im just trying to rule that out before I waste someones time... Once again, I appreciate the help. Ill report back, might have to be tomorrow...

daveo1

The server, is still working on the intermittent connectivity issue, at least they acknowledged it....I was getting all kinds of errors in phpmyadmin as well as the website.

daveo1

So I got EVERYTHING straightened out, ran the converter.... It didnt copy over any of the pics or uploads. And the users posts count (not a big deal).... I need to get the error msg and see if I can figure it out.

One question, CAN I run the converter again?

vbgamer45

You could but I wouldn't suggest it.

I would backup your converted site first.

Is  the smf_attachments folder empty?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 14, 2020, 03:54:05 PM
You could but I wouldn't suggest it.

I would backup your converted site first.

Is  the smf_attachments folder empty?

It is empty, nobody can login including me. Lol

I could back it up, no problem. Really, all I should need are the tables

vbgamer45

Passwords might need to be reset. I am not sure what encryption method IPB is using. If it is known we can modify SMF to use that method as well.
Try forgot your password and see if that works.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

I tried, evidently the mail server isnt set up, Im working on that bug. At least I'll be able to login. Thank you again! I'll keep this updated...

daveo1

Here is the error its giving on the pics, theres a error for every pic.... Thousands... Do I need to put these in a certain directory in the SMF folder? It kind of reads like maybe there is another issue...

Warning: copy(/forum/uploads/monthly_09_2020/msg-149-0-74920500-1600014074.png): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/gatlirum/public_html/Forumtest/convert.php(1269) : eval()'d code on line 24

vbgamer45

First does this file exist? /forum/uploads/monthly_09_2020/msg-149-0-74920500-1600014074.png

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

Well, it does not! I.m not quite sure why a bunch of these didnt get uploaded.... Back to the drawing board for a while.... ;D

daveo1

I think I have all the upload (pics) figured out. The big thing is, EVERYTHING says successful when I run the converter, but none of the member info is carried over, post counts, logins and like I stated earlier, my Admin info is always missing. I can look around the forum but cant login or a buddy I tried to have him login...

vbgamer45

is smf_members table empty?
post counts can be fixed via admin of smf

Also check Illori's post above

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

No, it looks like a "normal" members table to me...

The post column is all zeros, not a big deal.

Probably the big thing would be, getting it so the members can login and not re-register

vbgamer45

First
Try this
Open sources/LogInOut.php
Find

$other_passwords = array();

Add after

$other_passwords[] = md5(md5($user_settings['password_salt']) . md5($_POST['passwrd']));

One other note from IPB
If your external application does not do the same thing, this may mean usernames or passwords with special characters will fail if you do not account for this. The special characters that IP.Board will replace are:

& to & (do this first so that you don't double convert any others below)
    \ to &#092 ; ( no space between 2 and ; )
    ! to !
    $ to $
    " to "
    < to &lt;
    > to &gt;
    ' to '

You may wish to convert these characters back to their original form in the corresponding variables before sending them to your remote application for validation, if appropriate.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

I'll get in. Thats probably the easy part, and the members.

I just got to digging into my database (SMF) none of the attachments are copying over in the attachments table. Man, Ive tried 3 times, and all of the attachments are there (in the correct spot in the old forum) Sane error as I posted before...

daveo1

Im in, all errors are fixed. I, down to attachments, the big one.

daveo1

I am down to attachments, I cant figure out why SMF isnt seeing the uploads folder in IBP. The attachments are all there in IPB and working, in the correct spot. The IPB attachment table is good and the SMF attachment table is blank... Anyone have any suggestions? Im open to anything at this point...

Here is the error, one for every attachment. I just posted a few cause they are all the same.

Warning: copy(/forum/uploads/monthly_12_2014/post-2-0-79033800-1419442758.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/gatlirum/public_html/Forumtest/convert.php(1269) : eval()'d code on line 24

Warning: copy(/forum/uploads/monthly_12_2014/post-2-0-97979400-1419442709.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/gatlirum/public_html/Forumtest/convert.php(1269) : eval()'d code on line 24

Warning: copy(/forum/uploads/monthly_12_2014/post-2-0-77851100-1419442747.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/gatlirum/public_html/Forumtest/convert.php(1269) : eval()'d code on line 24

Warning: copy(/forum/uploads/monthly_12_2014/post-2-0-24389000-1419442701.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/gatlirum/public_html/Forumtest/convert.php(1269) : eval()'d code on line 24

vbgamer45

Maybe needs the full file path in the copy statement I notice /forum/
Is /forum located in /home3/gatlirum/public_html/

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 17, 2020, 11:09:21 AM

I was wondering if I should copy the uploads folder of IPB to the attachment folder of SMF.... Like I said in the beginning, I know enough to get in trouble :)

vbgamer45

That wouldn't do anything in terms of the conversion.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

I didnt think so either, at some point do they end up there or just stay with the IPB forum?

daveo1

One thing I did notice my IPB attachment table, attach location is "monthly_06_2020/post-316-0-39820500-1590982792.jpg"

Shouldnt it be, uploads/monthly_06_2020/post-316-0-39820500-1590982792.jpg.... Because , thats where they are

daveo1

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 17, 2020, 11:09:21 AM

I think the path is the problem. What do I change? The convert.php file or other

daveo1

So far I have checked the permissions, the file/folder path, it all seems good. But still getting the same error. Its like the converter doesn't see the folder. It see's all of the attachments from the IPB attachments table but not the actual folder. There has to be something I am overlooking!

I guess my only option at this point is to add them one by one  :'(

daveo1

I got it! I ******ing won!

Since this was a "non working" version of IPB, it made it hard to check things. In the end, I had to change the path in a old database table to point the converter to the correct directory.

Thanks vbgamer45! And  Illori, administrate.php got me in!

I could post more details if it would help someone out....

Advertisement: