News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Converting questions

Started by daveo1, October 08, 2020, 04:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveo1

Damn your fast, it worked!

Here is that pesky buddy list again....

Converting...
Converting topics...
Successful.
Converting posts (this may take some time)... Successful.
Recounting post counts...The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: buddy_list

Sending you a PM vbgammer

vbgamer45

Hmm this column should exist in the smf_members table
buddy_list text NOT NULL,

If not add it with this sql
Alter table smf_members add column  buddy_list text NOT NULL after new_pm;

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

daveo1

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 10, 2020, 11:21:17 AM
Hmm this column should exist in the smf_members table
buddy_list text NOT NULL,

If not add it with this sql
Alter table smf_members add column  buddy_list text NOT NULL after new_pm;

It does is exist.... Thats whats so dumb!

daveo1

12    buddy_list    text    latin1_swedish_ci       Yes    NULL       

vbgamer45

Does everything else on the forum look ok? Recounting post counts. should be the last step.
You can always fix post counts in the forum admin maintenance area.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

Its starting to, I cant log in. I have a database issue I am getting worked out with the server. Im trying to figure out if the log in issue is the mysql database issue or from the SMF not being completely set up.

vbgamer45

You can also do forgot your password to reset your login.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

I did try that. Im still messing with tech support on mysql DB issues. It is intermittent on connectivity.... Im just trying to rule that out before I waste someones time... Once again, I appreciate the help. Ill report back, might have to be tomorrow...

daveo1

The server, is still working on the intermittent connectivity issue, at least they acknowledged it....I was getting all kinds of errors in phpmyadmin as well as the website.

daveo1

So I got EVERYTHING straightened out, ran the converter.... It didnt copy over any of the pics or uploads. And the users posts count (not a big deal).... I need to get the error msg and see if I can figure it out.

One question, CAN I run the converter again?

vbgamer45

You could but I wouldn't suggest it.

I would backup your converted site first.

Is  the smf_attachments folder empty?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 14, 2020, 03:54:05 PM
You could but I wouldn't suggest it.

I would backup your converted site first.

Is  the smf_attachments folder empty?

It is empty, nobody can login including me. Lol

I could back it up, no problem. Really, all I should need are the tables

vbgamer45

Passwords might need to be reset. I am not sure what encryption method IPB is using. If it is known we can modify SMF to use that method as well.
Try forgot your password and see if that works.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

I tried, evidently the mail server isnt set up, Im working on that bug. At least I'll be able to login. Thank you again! I'll keep this updated...

daveo1

Here is the error its giving on the pics, theres a error for every pic.... Thousands... Do I need to put these in a certain directory in the SMF folder? It kind of reads like maybe there is another issue...

Warning: copy(/forum/uploads/monthly_09_2020/msg-149-0-74920500-1600014074.png): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/gatlirum/public_html/Forumtest/convert.php(1269) : eval()'d code on line 24

vbgamer45

First does this file exist? /forum/uploads/monthly_09_2020/msg-149-0-74920500-1600014074.png

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

Well, it does not! I.m not quite sure why a bunch of these didnt get uploaded.... Back to the drawing board for a while.... ;D

daveo1

I think I have all the upload (pics) figured out. The big thing is, EVERYTHING says successful when I run the converter, but none of the member info is carried over, post counts, logins and like I stated earlier, my Admin info is always missing. I can look around the forum but cant login or a buddy I tried to have him login...

vbgamer45

is smf_members table empty?
post counts can be fixed via admin of smf

Also check Illori's post above

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: