News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Converting questions

Started by daveo1, October 08, 2020, 04:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveo1

Ive got a problem on my hands, the short story is my IPB 3.4 board is broke. I dont think it can be fixed. Its a long story but here is my question. Can I convert just using my database tables (functional database) and all of the pictures?

Basically its all there but does not function.

So here is the long version, I tried to upgrade to IPB 4x and had to roll the PHP version from 5x to 7x and the mysql version up also. Both not comparable with 3.4 (I didnt know this) Something went wrong and I cant revert back to get 3.4 working again :(

Thanks for any input!

vbgamer45

Yes you can convert just using the convertor. The IPB board does not need to be working.
Just the database and path to the files is ok
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

daveo1

Well that was fast! THANK YOU

Anything to watch for?

Im finding out, I'm no PHP person! I know enough to get by...And get in big trouble too!

vbgamer45

Just always have backups is the main thing.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

I get this error, right off the bat,  using the convertor.... What is the convertor looking for exactly?

"Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Invision Power Board 3.2. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: 1146"

vbgamer45

You have to give the database user that is part of SMF install access to the IPB datatabase. The IPB data won't be changed just read from.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

I guess my IPBoard is in worse shape than I thought. I cant get the converter to go past the first step

My config.php has the correct database, user and password on it. The database is all there. Kind of odd...

Any other ideas at all?

Edit, to add to it, I THINK its the MYSQL database version. It used to be 5.1 now its been rolled up to 5.7 and not compatible with IPB 3.4

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Did you try to give permission via phpmyadmin or other database tool to  the IPB database from the smf database user

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 09, 2020, 01:57:46 PM
Did you try to give permission via phpmyadmin or other database tool to  the IPB database from the smf database user

Im not sure how to do that, I do have access to phpmyadmin. Sorry, I'm a bit new to all this.

vbgamer45

Check out if you have access to mysql command line here is another option.

https://chartio.com/resources/tutorials/how-to-grant-all-privileges-on-a-database-in-mysql/

Or you can grab https://www.adminer.org/ if you know your root mysql password and run that and add permission to the database for that user

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 09, 2020, 02:08:08 PM
Check out if you have access to mysql command line here is another option.

https://chartio.com/resources/tutorials/how-to-grant-all-privileges-on-a-database-in-mysql/

Or you can grab https://www.adminer.org/ if you know your root mysql password and run that and add permission to the database for that user

Im going to look into that Adminer here in a bit. Probably the easier option.

Just to throw some things out there SMF is set up and functional, BOTH databases are on the same phpmyadmin mysql server, I dont think it matters but both databases have the same user and password.

AND THANK YOU for the help!

daveo1

Maybe a little closer! Now I get this error.

Unable to find the settings for Invision Power Board 3.2. Please double check the path and try again.

daveo1

Here is what the privileges look like on both databases...

daveo1

I did get it going! Hung up on the first STEP!

Converting...
Converting members...Field 'buddy_list' doesn't have a default value

Im trying to use the search function to get thru this

vbgamer45

You can try removing STRICT_TRANS_TABLES from my.cnf/my.ini in your mysql config https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15438840/mysql-error-1364-field-doesnt-have-a-default-values
Or change the column to have a default value/allow null i believe.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

That worked. Its going to be a long conversion.... Stuck on a topic for no apparent reason :'(

daveo1

This one is odd, wont let me go any further

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: