News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Converting questions

Started by daveo1, October 08, 2020, 04:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveo1

No, it looks like a "normal" members table to me...

The post column is all zeros, not a big deal.

Probably the big thing would be, getting it so the members can login and not re-register

vbgamer45

First
Try this
Open sources/LogInOut.php
Find

$other_passwords = array();

Add after

$other_passwords[] = md5(md5($user_settings['password_salt']) . md5($_POST['passwrd']));

One other note from IPB
If your external application does not do the same thing, this may mean usernames or passwords with special characters will fail if you do not account for this. The special characters that IP.Board will replace are:

& to & (do this first so that you don't double convert any others below)
    \ to &#092 ; ( no space between 2 and ; )
    ! to !
    $ to $
    " to "
    < to &lt;
    > to &gt;
    ' to '

You may wish to convert these characters back to their original form in the corresponding variables before sending them to your remote application for validation, if appropriate.

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

daveo1

I'll get in. Thats probably the easy part, and the members.

I just got to digging into my database (SMF) none of the attachments are copying over in the attachments table. Man, Ive tried 3 times, and all of the attachments are there (in the correct spot in the old forum) Sane error as I posted before...

daveo1

Im in, all errors are fixed. I, down to attachments, the big one.

daveo1

I am down to attachments, I cant figure out why SMF isnt seeing the uploads folder in IBP. The attachments are all there in IPB and working, in the correct spot. The IPB attachment table is good and the SMF attachment table is blank... Anyone have any suggestions? Im open to anything at this point...

Here is the error, one for every attachment. I just posted a few cause they are all the same.

Warning: copy(/forum/uploads/monthly_12_2014/post-2-0-79033800-1419442758.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/gatlirum/public_html/Forumtest/convert.php(1269) : eval()'d code on line 24

Warning: copy(/forum/uploads/monthly_12_2014/post-2-0-97979400-1419442709.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/gatlirum/public_html/Forumtest/convert.php(1269) : eval()'d code on line 24

Warning: copy(/forum/uploads/monthly_12_2014/post-2-0-77851100-1419442747.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/gatlirum/public_html/Forumtest/convert.php(1269) : eval()'d code on line 24

Warning: copy(/forum/uploads/monthly_12_2014/post-2-0-24389000-1419442701.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/gatlirum/public_html/Forumtest/convert.php(1269) : eval()'d code on line 24

vbgamer45

Maybe needs the full file path in the copy statement I notice /forum/
Is /forum located in /home3/gatlirum/public_html/
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 17, 2020, 11:09:21 AM

I was wondering if I should copy the uploads folder of IPB to the attachment folder of SMF.... Like I said in the beginning, I know enough to get in trouble :)

vbgamer45

That wouldn't do anything in terms of the conversion.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

daveo1

I didnt think so either, at some point do they end up there or just stay with the IPB forum?

daveo1

One thing I did notice my IPB attachment table, attach location is "monthly_06_2020/post-316-0-39820500-1590982792.jpg"

Shouldnt it be, uploads/monthly_06_2020/post-316-0-39820500-1590982792.jpg.... Because , thats where they are

daveo1

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 17, 2020, 11:09:21 AM

I think the path is the problem. What do I change? The convert.php file or other

daveo1

So far I have checked the permissions, the file/folder path, it all seems good. But still getting the same error. Its like the converter doesn't see the folder. It see's all of the attachments from the IPB attachments table but not the actual folder. There has to be something I am overlooking!

I guess my only option at this point is to add them one by one  :'(

daveo1

I got it! I ******ing won!

Since this was a "non working" version of IPB, it made it hard to check things. In the end, I had to change the path in a old database table to point the converter to the correct directory.

Thanks vbgamer45! And  Illori, administrate.php got me in!

I could post more details if it would help someone out....

Advertisement: