News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Merge two consecutive posts from the same member

Started by MoonCat, October 09, 2020, 06:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoonCat

Hi,

I wonder is there a mod, which automatically merges two consecutive posts (same member, same topic), posted one after the other, into one, in the same order, of course.
People say, answering to different posts, quoting them, and creating sometimes 5-8 consecutive posts. I'd prefer to have instead 1 post from that person, as this seems more organized and visually pleasing. Any ideas?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

This hasn't been updated in a while, so no promises from me - but would seem like a mod that would do just that.
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1523
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

MoonCat

Thanks a ton, Aleksi! I'll explore if this is something I can reuse for 2.0.17.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

MoonCat

I've tried to install the package as is. Unfortunately it fails installation. Many of the changes I was able to resolve manually. But there is one, my knowledge of the source code doesn't allow me to find alternative solution. I'd be very thankful if you help me with the following change:

./Themes/default/Display.template.php
Code: (Find)
$split_button = create_button('split.gif', 'split', 'split', 'align="middle"');
Code: (Add before)
$merge_button = create_button('merge.gif', 'merge_button', 'merge_button', 'align="middle"');

Thanks in advance!

MoonCat

Ok. I solved all the issues. Mod is working as designed. Thank You again!

shadav

Quote from: MoonCat on October 09, 2020, 08:58:24 PM
Ok. I solved all the issues. Mod is working as designed. Thank You again!
;D glad it worked

I went ahead and posted the fixes I did to get it to work for me in the support thread so if anyone else wants to try

Advertisement: