News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

MySQL server has gone away

Started by tchelongatti, October 11, 2020, 09:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tchelongatti

Anybody help me with the errors above?

WHEN I TRY ANSWER ANY POST:
Arquivo: /home/storage/d/fd/cd/baudadc1/public_html/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Linha: 1728
Nota: Parece que a sua base de dados precisa de ser atualizada. Os arquivos do seu Fórum estão na versão SMF 2.0.17, enquanto que a sua base de dados está na versão SMF 2.0.15. Recomenda-se que seja executada a últiuma versão do arquivo de upgrade.php.

WHEN I TRY SEDND MESSAGES:
Arquivo: /home/storage/d/fd/cd/baudadc1/public_html/Sources/Subs.php
Linha: 547
Nota: Parece que a sua base de dados precisa de ser atualizada. Os arquivos do seu Fórum estão na versão SMF 2.0.17, enquanto que a sua base de dados está na versão SMF 2.0.15. Recomenda-se que seja executada a últiuma versão do arquivo de upgrade.php.

Thanks!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That's a very generic error message, and with the description you gave it would strongly suggest a host side problem.  How large is your forum in terms of posts?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

tchelongatti

Thanks, Lex.

The forum has more than 600 topics and I notice that this problem occur in the any kind of topics, big ou small.

This error "Your Forum files are in version SMF 2.0.17, while your database is in version SMF 2.0.15", how can I resolve?

Arantor

tchelongatti

Hum... sorry. I don't know answer this question... :(

shadav

Quote from: tchelongatti on October 11, 2020, 10:22:06 AM
Hum... sorry. I don't know answer this question... :(
you don't know what modifications you have installed to your forum?
In your admin go to Package Manager there you can find a list of mods you have installed through the package manager
any other mods you have manually installed will not be listed there and you will need to recall (keeping a list on file is a good idea :) )

tchelongatti

The installed mods are:

1.   Pretty URLs   1.0
2.   SimplePortal   2.3.5
3.   Automatic Index 2.4
4.   SMF 2.0.16 Update
5.   Simple Image Upload
6.   Download Attachment
7.   Image Upload   1.0.0
8.   SMF 2.0.17 Update   1.0
9.   SMF 2.0.15 Update   1.0

SpacePhoenix

Is it a shared or a dedicated server?

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Arantor

I'd be more interested in what it's trying to do when it's 'gone away'. A 600 topic forum should not generally be big enough to trigger the usual outages.

Sir Osis of Liver

I've seen at least one forum (a small one) where pretty urls had generated a 2+ gb cache table.  Caused strange things to happen.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Arantor

Which is why I'd be interested to see *exactly* what operation failed.

The behaviour of that isn't "strange" either, it's perfectly predictable given how MySQL behaves.

tchelongatti

The database has 21MB. I really don't know what happens...

tchelongatti

What I don't understand is that the messages and the posts are sent and appears in the forum. But appears that error too.

Arantor

Quote from: tchelongatti on October 11, 2020, 07:31:31 PM
What I don't understand is that the messages and the posts are sent and appears in the forum. But appears that error too.

So, what is the content of the files where the error occurs, say for the 10 lines before the one it mentions in the error log?

tchelongatti

Sorry, I didn't understand your question...

Advertisement: