Haven't done an upgrade in ages... so kind of a noobish q.

Started by MoreBloodWine, October 17, 2020, 01:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoreBloodWine

So I was on I think it was 2.0.9

Had a WSOD, have had it for years... don't ask lol

Anyway... I did the large upgrade and am now on 2.0.17, same as this site. Now while I understand mods are "removed", not that I'm complaining, but why did the theme load ?

Thought that got wiped to in a manner of speaking, along with the mods.

I'm just trying to make sure this was done right bec it has been so long since I did an upgrade etc.

I thought I had to do something diff, like put in my login info to upgrade, unless that's only for large version jumps like 2.0 to 2.1 ?!?.

But I uploaded the 2.0.17 files telling File Zilla to overwrite for the existing queue only. Then I goto load the site, and as far as I can tell, all mods were removed bec the "install now" links display.

But I am now on 2.0.17 with everything seemingly removed but the theme I had / still have displaying.

http://eojmarket.com/
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

MoreBloodWine

Trying to install a mod and am getting this...

Database Error
Unknown column 'var5' in 'field list'
File: /reemoved/Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 1156

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.17, while your database is at version 2.0.1. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Not sure what to do now, as far as I can tell. The site upgraded but not the DB...

When I try to "run" upgrade.php I get this...

500 - Malformed Header
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the administrator, of (none), and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Error: HTTPd: malformed header from script /upgrade.php
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Arantor

Pretty sure that package is TinyPortal and that you can't skip the versions like you were hoping... it didn't upgrade the DB because the steps to go from (very old TinyPortal) to (old TinyPortal) get removed over time so all that the current packages have is (old TinyPortal) to (current TinyPortal). var5 is not a field in core SMF and the error message you have is inaccurate at best (and removed in later SMF versions because it's inaccurate)

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Arantor on October 17, 2020, 03:25:23 PM
Pretty sure that package is TinyPortal and that you can't skip the versions like you were hoping... it didn't upgrade the DB because the steps to go from (very old TinyPortal) to (old TinyPortal) get removed over time so all that the current packages have is (old TinyPortal) to (current TinyPortal). var5 is not a field in core SMF and the error message you have is inaccurate at best (and removed in later SMF versions because it's inaccurate)
You're not wrong. Just trying a slew of diff things.

Still had to ask because I didn't see the DB thing before like I did now.

I guess for now, this can be deleted or marked solved.

Advertisement: