2.1 RC3 Recycle Bin

Started by skb, October 17, 2020, 11:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Since RC2 I've noticed the Recycle Bin shows '0' posts and topics. If I click the Recycle Bin link it leads me to an empty Board, but if I click on the post, it does take me to the Post.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Massl

I can't reproduce your issue, recycle Bin shows the correct data on RC2 and RC3.

Arantor

Are the posts pending moderationif you go look at them?

skb

Quote from: Arantor on October 18, 2020, 05:19:40 PM
Are the posts pending moderationif you go look at them?

No. Most of them have been moderated and disapproved therefore they are in the Recycle Bin.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Arantor

Did you unapprove them along the way? Unapproved posts don't count towards stats.

skb

Yes, like I said, they were disapproved. I'll check with both options again and revert.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Arantor

Sorry that wasn't entirely clear to me, but yes, if they are not approved they do not count towards the board count, not even for recycle bin (and it should always have been this way)

skb

What you say makes sense. So I made a legit Test post, then deleted it so that it went to Recycle Bin.
It was visible for some time along with the other disapproved posts. Once I Moved the Disapproved posts to another board called Trash, the legit post is there but still the Board shows as '0'.

Hope I'm making sense.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Arantor

Is the board set to count posts?

skb

No. It doesn't count posts. That is why Board Trash was created. At some point of time we move posts from Recycle Bin to Trash so that they get counted.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Arantor

I'm trying to remember exactly how 2.0 handles this but I have a feeling it's much the same way. But I'm not sure and I don't have a 2.0 handy right now to test.

skb

I've been regularly using the Recycle Bin with 2.0 and 2.1. Posts therein, though not counted in the total forum posts, the Board Index did display the number of Topics and Posts.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Advertisement: