News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Upgrading simplemachines.org to 2.1. RC 3

Started by Doug Heffernan, October 18, 2020, 02:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Heffernan

Is there any reason as to why this forum has not been upgraded to 2.1. yet? I know that it is in the rc stage, but from what I have seen, it is customary for the forums to upgrade their community to the rc versions so the customers/users base can test it out thoroughly and help with finding bugs/security issues, if any, etc.

I was simply wondering why that is not the case with Smf....

Bigguy

This site has a lot of custom edits and add-ons etc. I doubt it will be updated until 2.1 is final. It's a big job to update this site.

marcosbr

I agree that the update is not viable.
But I insist that "not" being responsive has no excuse.
Nothing in life is absolute. We are always learning... Did you know that?
https://amigosdaeletronica.com.br

Illori

i believe there is a compatibility issue on the backend that has to be resolved before we do the upgrade. the server team is well aware and working on it.

GravuTrad

Cool, cause the wysiwyg is awfull on the site.
On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Illori on October 18, 2020, 03:22:52 PM
i believe there is a compatibility issue on the backend that has to be resolved before we do the upgrade. the server team is well aware and working on it.

Thank you for your reply. I hope the issue is fixed soon. 2.1. is really great and I am looking forward to see it in use here.

Arantor

The official view has been for some time that only stable versions should be installed here.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Was last time I spoke to the site team that they didn't want beta versions here for security reasons. It is a sensible policy.

Kindred

Well, RC is not beta....    so, yeah.

There ARE reasons why we are not currently on 2.0 RC3 here... but security is not one of those current reasons.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Whatever argument you make applies to the last few years of RC though... it doesn't bode well :(

Advertisement: