Delete upgrade.php

Started by Bigguy, October 19, 2020, 08:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

I just upgraded two sites to SMF 2.1 RC3. In both instances the upgrader got stuck on Step 6 were it is trying to delete the upgrade files. All I get is a blank white screen. I have to manually delete the upgrade files.

Bigguy

I guess this should be in bug reports really.

skb

Same thing happened with me. I had to do it manually.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Bigguy

I'm glad I am not alone, lol. :)

shawnb61

This has been reported a few times. 

Very odd, because I don't think anything has changed there...  Same as it ever was...

I logged it on GH because it seems to be a thing:
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/6320
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Deleting the files worked for me, but on the other hand it's never worked for everybody - What is new though, at least for me, is the white screen.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

skb

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on October 26, 2020, 05:16:58 PM
What is new though, at least for me, is the white screen.

You are right. I did not get the white screen. I got the "Site cannot be reached" error.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Out of curiosity, did any of you catch any errors in the server's error log when the step failed?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Bigguy

No errors in log files for me.

skb

Not for me either. I have seen this same error reported in some other threads as well.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Even stranger IMO. Usually white screens do cause errors in the logs.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: