News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Forum Info Center Latest Post SMF 2.1 RC3

Started by beckzy, October 19, 2020, 08:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beckzy

My forum Info Center states that the latest post is from May 17 2020. This is incorrect as posts are made everyday, the latest being today.

Latest Post: "Re: Activities." (May 17, 2020, 10:58:24 PM)

Is there any way to fix this?

Dzonny

Have you tried to do a recount of all posts/messages?

beckzy

Quote from: Dzonny on October 19, 2020, 08:53:06 AM
Have you tried to do a recount of all posts/messages?

That fixed it! Thank you :)

beckzy

This is still happening. The Latest Post seems to lose sync. Example: Latest Post says "Today at 07:47:45 AM" but there have been many new posts since then. I am having to recount all posts/messages every day to update it.

Dzonny

beckzy

Okay now recounting posts/messages from the admin section isn't updating it either! Does anyone have a fix for this?

Kindred

I can't recreate the issue....   the info center most recent posts and latest post updates just fine on the three sites that I tested
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shawnb61

I can't recreate it either.

First thought is caching.  What method of caching is used?

Any errors in the apache log?

Any mods installed?

Php version?  Mysql version? 

Custom theme?

Does it correct after a few hours?
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

beckzy

It seemed to fix itself after I deleted the topic containing the "Last Post". I'll mark this as solved.

beckzy

It's happened again. It's now saying the last post was October 19, 2020, 05:14:50 PM.

Quote from: shawnb61 on October 21, 2020, 09:23:09 PM
First thought is caching.  What method of caching is used?
There is no built-in caching system implemented on the server itself?

Any errors in the apache log?
I don't have access to that, so I asked the host. Their reply was: "As for the Apache logs, I have found some entries related to our web application firewall - ModSecurity. It is a server-side security system that is designed to block known exploits and provide protection from a range of attacks against web applications. However, in some cases these blocks are false-positive."

Any mods installed?
Curve2 Color Changer
Forum Width Setting
Team Page
SMF Gallery Pro
ezPortal

Php version?  Mysql version?
PHP version - 7.3
MySQL version - 5.7 (MariaDB 10.3)

Custom theme?
Nope

Does it correct after a few hours?
It doesn't seem so.

shawnb61

I would look at your SMF cache settings.  If anything is on, try disabling it for a period, as a test to rule it out.

I suspect the mod_security errors in the logs are more likely related.  Ask them to turn it off.  Mod_security frequently interferes with regular SMF operation.

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Illori

Are stats enabled? I think this is still an option in 2.1.

beckzy

I contacted the host again and it turns out that there was a block on index.php. This has now been whitelisted and the latest post is being displayed correctly. I'll mark this as solved.

shawnb61

beckzy

I think this is a SMF cache issue. The issue happened again 4-5 days ago, so I disabled caching, cleared all cache, recounted all posts and messages, and it hasn't happened since!

Advertisement: