News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 2.1 RC3 fresh stock install not able to login from mobile on localhost

Started by jonesH, October 22, 2020, 08:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonesH

I am running the latest Bitnami MAMP stack on Catalina and using an iPhone 6s.

When accessing the forum via localhost from the iPhone, login in does not actually log in any user, even the admin. It just returns to the login screen without an error either on the phone screen or in the errors log. No problem logging in from the laptop, though. I have tried this from the mobile Safari and Firefox...

jonesH

Additionally, trying to login from another laptop on the same network gives the same result.

Ro9e

Hi, I found that after upgrade to the RC3 the passwordSalt field on members table doesn't have the correct length. Check it and the users now can login without problems. Put a length of 255.

Checks the issue here hxxp:github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/pull/6306 [nonactive]

Regards

jonesH

I checked the salt and it was correct, varchar (255). I deleted the forum and db, installed fresh, the problem remains the same.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

A localhost install of anything at all without a defined public domain name, usually doesn't work outside localhost. Just how it is.
( Theoretically, using a _static_ public IP might work as well, but wouldn't really suggest that. )
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

jonesH

Hm... I am on the same wifi network with all involved devices when accessing my test forum over localhost, using static addresses, and all other operations seem to work just fine... so why not the login as well? Also, in the past (2-3-4 yrs back) I have done this without problems.

I will try to load the RC3 on my godaddy account and see what happens there.

Advertisement: