News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Accessability Themes and setup.

Started by Confused Too, November 21, 2005, 01:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should SMF Be Accessible by People with Disabilities?

Don't Know
Don't Know
No

bloc

yes..good. I assume its the tables that cause trouble, but more pointers would be very helpful.

Confused Too

I have spent 20 minutes with the person who uses the computer I borrowed the other day and he was able to create an account and then log into the forum.  It is quite cool as he hears the stuff about 4 times faster than anyone can read.  He also quite quickly worked out how to navigate the forum but his only comment was that the thing he would use would be the show unread posts since last visit more often than the index page as it is very long winded using the normal point and click you or I would use.
He is going to have a play and get back to me with any further comment.
Making the working lives of the disadvantaged a little easier.

bloc

Interesting. So basically he really just need new stuff shown/heard, and not all the repeating items?

Confused Too

I have left him to play a little and see what he comes back with.  another irritating thing he says is the profiles as they do not appear with the message and is of little or no use to him at all.  When I described the visual layout to him he was taken aback as it is not what he had in his head.  He did suggest that the table should simply have a new box for each message and maybe a message at the top 'posted by blogs on date and time then straight into the message and a reply button at the bottom.
This would mean that he could simply have the message read over one after the other to the bottom one and no navigating the other bits.  Another thing I thought of is that if the messages are split into 2 3 4 pages they would not be able to navigate that either so maybe an option at the top to show all messages or to jump to the desired page.  Just my thought after speaking to him.
Making the working lives of the disadvantaged a little easier.

Advertisement: