SMF Support > SMF 2.0.x Support

Smilies do not appear, even when enabled

(1/2) > >>

themekings:
Installed fresh copy of SMF (v2.0.17), restored a database and customized the theme. (php v7.4) http://themekings.net/comms/

But no matter what I do, I can not get similes to appear when creating a post.

Any reason why this may be?

Arantor:
Your theme is the problem. Whoever designed it doesn't realise that SMF has to manage and control its own header area to load its JavaScript correctly - none of SMF's JS is loaded, so none of the JS functionality works - see the errors in the console for things like missing smc_Toggle.

themekings:
Sounds like an easy fix. Makes scense! TY!

shadav:
and on a side note, fairly sure 2.0.17 doesn't work with php 7.4, not sure about 7.3 I think 7.2 is the highest that it works with
so you may run into other issues as well and lowering your php down might help if you start getting errors

themekings:

--- Quote from: shadav on October 28, 2020, 04:13:24 PM ---and on a side note, fairly sure 2.0.17 doesn't work with php 7.4, not sure about 7.3 I think 7.2 is the highest that it works with
so you may run into other issues as well and lowering your php down might help if you start getting errors

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info. So far no issues with php v7.4. Have been able to get the smiles to work after Arantor recommendations. Thanks for all the feedback. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version