SMF Support > SMF 2.1.x Support

Strange bug in 2.1 RC3 of skipping posts in threads

(1/1)

PoML:
Hi!

I have received reports from some users that they do not find all posts when browsing the forum after the upgrade to 2.1 RC3 and TP 2.0.0...

At first, I suspected a local cache-related issue, then I had the same issue when replying to a post.
I had a thread of 2 posts, but did only view one.

It seems to be related to the "Look and Layout" setting "Show most recent posts at the top in topic view.".
If I untick that option, all posts are displayed. Also, the problem is not 100% repeatable, so there are ways to suddenly get to the missing posts by clicking on new posts instead of going into the forum etc.

If a post is skipped, the post number still seems to update correctly, so it says that you are reading post #2 out of 2 even though there are no #1 to see...  Language or Theme settings seems not to impact the error - I have changed between English / Norwegian and Standard / Potato theme without effect if a post does not view. Untick the most recent option, and voila - it is there.

Also, maybe related, users that experience this also seems to trigger a critical error in the error log:

Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (page_id)
Function: Display
 https://smbergen.org/medlemmer/forum/index.php?topic=3300.0
 /home/35/w313123/www/medlemmer/forum/Sources/Display.php (Line 1028)

I have had a look at Display.php, and the code looks correct.

Any idea what happens?

SychO:
It's a known bug, the devs are working on a fix for one of the next releases.

PoML:

--- Quote from: SychO on October 29, 2020, 10:43:51 AM ---It's a known bug, the devs are working on a fix for one of the next releases.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the quick response. I won't have to file a new bug report then :-)

mantu2:
Hi,

Link to the reported issue topic?

albertlast:
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/5764
test the related pr,
if it solve the issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version