News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Text overflow in error log

Started by skb, November 04, 2020, 10:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

I have found these sort of errors in a number of places and reported them before. This is a screen shot of the error log where the text link overflows into the next column and makes everything unreadable.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

It is a regression, the layout in 2.0 doesn't misbehave like that.

SychO

It doesn't matter, the layout of the error log was changed in RC3. So this bug doesn't exist anymore.
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Arantor

SychO

it is ? then I guess the pr was merged for RC4, I can't tell what's when anymore lol
Checkout My Themes:
-

Kindred

something's off....

because in my 2.1 RC3 site, the error log has this CSS

#error_log span.error_message {
    overflow: hidden;
    display: block;
    white-space: pre-wrap;
}

which should indeed prevent that from happening
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SychO

I think we decided at some point to add `word-break: break-word;` to really prevent that. But the layout was changed anyway so didn't matter.
Checkout My Themes:
-

skb

Yes I am using 2.1 RC3, but my css file has this, which is slightly different. It also adds the properties to backtrace.

#error_log span.error_message, #backtrace span.error_message {
overflow: hidden;
display: block;
white-space: pre-wrap;

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Advertisement: