No Login possible on fresh installation

Started by schamock, November 13, 2020, 03:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schamock

Hi everyone,
i made a fresh installation of SMF 2.1RC3 on a fresh server installation (basic setup: apache2, MariaDB, php7.3).
Installation works great but when the process is done, i can't login to the forum (error: You were unable to login. Please check your cookie settings.)
I tried different browsers on different devices but the error persists (also I cleared cookies, browser cache and made sure, that cookies are allowed).
I tried the repair_settings.php, but nothing changed.
I also don't see any errors in the apache logs.

I saw, that some others are suffering from the same situation but I wasn't able to find a solution.
My assumption is, that I'm missing some kind of php/apache configuration step.
Can you please point me to a solution?

Thanks

networker007

<<< i have the SAME PROBLEM >>> no LOGIN on a fresh install of Version 2.1. RC3

PLEASE HELP - THX

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I've done an install on a seemingly identical setup myself, with no issues - could you (both of you) give an url to the install so we can take a look?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

schamock

Hi,
unfortunately I already wiped my 2.1 installation and made a fresh 2.0 install which works fine.

Advertisement: