Member List

Started by Bigguy, November 19, 2020, 11:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

The last member on my site to register has made 3 posts. If you look on the member list it says he has made none. In his profile it shows the 3 posts.  Has anyone else seen this.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Do you have caching enabled, and have you tried if emptying the cache helps?
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

shawnb61

Also note that there is a flag on each board that indicates whether posts count towards their total.  Here on SMF, posts in some boards, IIRC Chit Chat, don't count...

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: shawnb61 on November 20, 2020, 01:11:05 AM
Also note that there is a flag on each board that indicates whether posts count towards their total.  Here on SMF, posts in some boards, IIRC Chit Chat, don't count...
Though, I don't think the posts should show in the count in their profile either then. ( Unless this has changed somehow. )
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

shawnb61

Yes, sounds more like caching...
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Bigguy

It's not caching as I have cleared that multiple times. He was posting in a board were posts count so Not sure what goes on here.

Bigguy

So, two screenshots. One of the memberlist showing that this member has no posts and one of the members stats page showing he has made 3 posts.

efk

Why is not shown on your forum 0 as number of posts? It looks to me like table is hidden or missing.

Bigguy

I don't think it shows anything if there are no posts by default.

efk

On all of my 2.0.x forums I see under Posts for users without posts 0.
You have not mentioned if your forum is 2.1 , maybe is not the same way how smf work.

Bigguy

I guess I shoulda said, 2.1 is what I am running.

Advertisement: