News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Moderator deleted and changed to Guest

Started by pepf, November 26, 2020, 09:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepf

Something happened, but not sure what. The only other moderator in the forum had his account deleted. The log shows only that the account was deleted and next the user was given as "guest".

Could be a security problem, but might also be a dB problem, I suppose?  Question - is there a way to recover a deleted user from the dB?
If possible I would prefer to reinstate the post counts of the moderator, but if impossible, we will just have to create a new account.

Grateful for any suggestions.

Peter

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Are you sure they didn't delete their own account? That's the only way I can think of that happening.

If they register again, you can reattribute posts though, if the posts weren't deleted.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

pepf

Thanks for answering.
Yes, I'm actually suspecting that, but it seems to have been unintentional.

In the forum his posts are still there, but in the dB his member data are gone. How do I go about reattributing the posts? Is it necessary to use a different user name or setup the original one anew? 

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

They can just register a new account, can be with the same details - doesn't have to be.
Then when they have done that you need to go to Admin -> Maintenance -> Members and you will find a tool to reconnect guest posts to a user account on the forum.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You're welcome - Let us know if you need further assistance, or if you get things sorted feel free to mark the topic solved :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

pepf

That went smooth. Thank you again.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

pepf

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: