Re: Deleting multiple topics?

Started by FrankTheTank, November 27, 2020, 01:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankTheTank

Woke up this morning with over 2000 new spam posts.   Do I  need to delete these all page by page?  There are 213 pages worth.   Thanks!

Kindred

Well, fix your registration first....

You might have to.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

efk

This can help you to set security questions, entire moderation system https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=575212.msg4070909#msg4070909

Have on mind that post is about problematic member, so you don't need literally to follow everything that I said, duration of moderated posts depends as well on how calm your forum is, if members are ok you don't need to go with more than 10 or 5 posts required for member to become normal approved member.

Antechinus

Quote from: FrankTheTank on November 27, 2020, 01:44:50 PMWoke up this morning with over 2000 new spam posts. Do I  need to delete these all page by page?  There are 213 pages worth. Thanks!
Are they all by the same account? If so, you could speed things up a bit by deleting them directly from the database.

Illori

Quote from: Antechinus on November 27, 2020, 07:57:51 PM
Quote from: FrankTheTank on November 27, 2020, 01:44:50 PMWoke up this morning with over 2000 new spam posts. Do I  need to delete these all page by page?  There are 213 pages worth. Thanks!
Are they all by the same account? If so, you could speed things up a bit by deleting them directly from the database.

or when you go to delete the account via the profile, select the option to delete the posts/topics as well. we really dont recommend going in the database unless you really know what you need to do.

Advertisement: